Colt Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all. My comment wasn’t directed at you. I’ve been attacked on here for even suggesting that this very thing was possible as CC still makes rifles and spare parts for the CAF.

People think that the word of site sponsors is God and that those who may disagree are uneducated retards that don’t know what the hell they are talking about.

As if they won’t build what the customer wants if they place a large order.:rolleyes:

Yea,
Very true
Actions follow the money

So the schmucks who purchased "limited edition" SA 20 and 15.7 rifles as collector items and paid top dollar upon their release, once again get hosed by yet another CC distributor... Got hosed again when the "limited number" of IUR uppers were released, followed by the blems a short while later at half price. Don't get me started on how the supposed limited remaining stock of green CF furniture was distributed and priced following the release of the limited edition rifles.

That's a major reason why I passed on being a beta buyer when the MRR rilfes were released, along with the SAS uppers/complete rifles. Otherwise, I'd have been lined up with my plastic ready. I hope North Sylva treats prospective clients better than the previous distributors. As much as I love Diemaco/CC stuff, that foul taste in my mouth persists. Hopefully there'll be something to distinguish the limited edition rifles from new production SA rifles, but I'm not counting on it...sigh.

So the schmucks who purchased "limited edition" SA 20 and 15.7 rifles as collector items and paid top dollar upon their release, once again get hosed by yet another CC distributor... Got hosed again when the "limited number" of IUR uppers were released, followed by the blems a short while later at half price. Don't get me started on how the supposed limited remaining stock of green CF furniture was distributed and priced following the release of the limited edition rifles.

That's a major reason why I passed on being a beta buyer when the MRR rilfes were released, along with the SAS uppers/complete rifles. Otherwise, I'd have been lined up with my plastic ready. I hope North Sylva treats prospective clients better than the previous distributors. As much as I love Diemaco/CC stuff, that foul taste in my mouth persists. Hopefully there'll be something to distinguish the limited edition rifles from new production SA rifles, but I'm not counting on it...sigh.

Agreed. Paid top dollar for both SA rifles, then saw a major price drop. Paid top dollar for the IUR, then saw a major price drop. Paid top dollar for the "limited run" stripped lowers, then... Major price drop...

Make this happen:

19367669_143739806176070_4662814580429291520_n.jpg

309430ccee035526d3d0f3c383698085.jpg

Attachments

• 19367669_143739806176070_4662814580429291520_n.jpg
    19367669_143739806176070_4662814580429291520_n.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 500
  • 309430ccee035526d3d0f3c383698085.jpg
    309430ccee035526d3d0f3c383698085.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 499
Unless the "limited editions" has an unique set of serial numbers that is separate from the regular production number and it has no collector value.

Agreed. Paid top dollar for both SA rifles, then saw a major price drop. Paid top dollar for the IUR, then saw a major price drop. Paid top dollar for the "limited run" stripped lowers, then... Major price drop...

You gents can't possibly be upset about falling for the marketing hype that comes with a brand new offering on the market? Supply and demand... demand was high before... now supply is high. Are you guys proposing that distributors keep the prices high to protect the investment of buyers that bought at the top of the bubble?

Same here, Got burned on thier IOP program that wasnt suppose to be offered only to be added a couple mths later, That combined with thier limited edition hype cost me 500.00. Carried the rifle my whole career and in the end I am left with this bitter taste around the whole purchase.

Last edited:
You gents can't possibly be upset about falling for the marketing hype that comes with a brand new offering on the market? Supply and demand... demand was high before... now supply is high. Are you guys proposing that distributors keep the prices high to protect the investment of buyers that bought at the top of the bubble?

Not really. When someone claims that only 500 sets will be released and are charged a premium for an exclusive product they have every reason to be upset when more sets are released at a lower price because it’s no longer an exclusive.

I never bought one before so I’m glad to see them coming back to market. I’d much rather an SA20/15.7 over an IUR/MRR any day. I always thought it was mistake for them to put all there eggs in one basket.

Not really. When someone claims that only 500 sets will be released and are charged a premium for an exclusive product they have every reason to be upset when more sets are released at a lower price because it’s no longer an exclusive.

I never bought one before so I’m glad to see them coming back to market. I’d much rather an SA20/15.7 over an IUR/MRR any day. I always thought it was mistake for them to put all there eggs in one basket.

I agree. Although I bought my SA15.7 when the price came down, I did think it was a limited edition. Maybe the box and sticker is the limited part?
I use my SA15.7 lower with an IUR upper on it and I have the upper put aside. (Along with the bayo and the triad rail) I'm building another AR lower based on the CC stripped lower so the original will be retired eventually.
I don't feel particularly butthurt over the re-release but I did think about it a bit when I saw the thread.

If you missed them the first time around, get one. They are quite nice.

It’s a free market and can charge whatever they like, however mass production of expensive ARs right now is not a good business decision, Daniel Defense laid off a chunck of its workers a couple of months ago due to slow sales and over production.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Colt Canada do small batch runs every few years once interest builds up and supports sales.

When and which dealers will be selling these?

We'll have an ETA & dealers list when they become available.

In the mean time since the discussion ran its course we're going to lock this thread. Obviously, we have no control over what other distributors do or how they price their products. Please continue the discussion in black rifle forum. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom