Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Colt Canada

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    I rather carry a C8A3 over an IUR.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    So the schmucks who purchased "limited edition" SA 20 and 15.7 rifles as collector items and paid top dollar upon their release, once again get hosed by yet another CC distributor... Got hosed again when the "limited number" of IUR uppers were released, followed by the blems a short while later at half price. Don't get me started on how the supposed limited remaining stock of green CF furniture was distributed and priced following the release of the limited edition rifles.

That's a major reason why I passed on being a beta buyer when the MRR rilfes were released, along with the SAS uppers/complete rifles. Otherwise, I'd have been lined up with my plastic ready. I hope North Sylva treats prospective clients better than the previous distributors. As much as I love Diemaco/CC stuff, that foul taste in my mouth persists. Hopefully there'll be something to distinguish the limited edition rifles from new production SA rifles, but I'm not counting on it...sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gummo View Post
    Agreed. Paid top dollar for both SA rifles, then saw a major price drop. Paid top dollar for the IUR, then saw a major price drop. Paid top dollar for the "limited run" stripped lowers, then... Major price drop...
    You gents can't possibly be upset about falling for the marketing hype that comes with a brand new offering on the market? Supply and demand... demand was high before... now supply is high. Are you guys proposing that distributors keep the prices high to protect the investment of buyers that bought at the top of the bubble?

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    So the schmucks who purchased "limited edition" SA 20 and 15.7 rifles as collector items and paid top dollar upon their release, once again get hosed by yet another CC distributor... Got hosed again when the "limited number" of IUR uppers were released, followed by the blems a short while later at half price. Don't get me started on how the supposed limited remaining stock of green CF furniture was distributed and priced following the release of the limited edition rifles.

That's a major reason why I passed on being a beta buyer when the MRR rilfes were released, along with the SAS uppers/complete rifles. Otherwise, I'd have been lined up with my plastic ready. I hope North Sylva treats prospective clients better than the previous distributors. As much as I love Diemaco/CC stuff, that foul taste in my mouth persists. Hopefully there'll be something to distinguish the limited edition rifles from new production SA rifles, but I'm not counting on it...sigh.
    Same here, Got burned on thier IOP program that wasnt suppose to be offered only to be added a couple mths later, That combined with thier limited edition hype cost me 500.00. Carried the rifle my whole career and in the end I am left with this bitter taste around the whole purchase.
    Last edited by tj black; 12-18-2017 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_911 View Post
    You gents can't possibly be upset about falling for the marketing hype that comes with a brand new offering on the market? Supply and demand... demand was high before... now supply is high. Are you guys proposing that distributors keep the prices high to protect the investment of buyers that bought at the top of the bubble?
    Not really. When someone claims that only 500 sets will be released and are charged a premium for an exclusive product they have every reason to be upset when more sets are released at a lower price because it’s no longer an exclusive.

I never bought one before so I’m glad to see them coming back to market. I’d much rather an SA20/15.7 over an IUR/MRR any day. I always thought it was mistake for them to put all there eggs in one basket.

Quote Originally Posted by Leg View Post
    Not really. When someone claims that only 500 sets will be released and are charged a premium for an exclusive product they have every reason to be upset when more sets are released at a lower price because it’s no longer an exclusive.

I never bought one before so I’m glad to see them coming back to market. I’d much rather an SA20/15.7 over an IUR/MRR any day. I always thought it was mistake for them to put all there eggs in one basket.
    I agree. Although I bought my SA15.7 when the price came down, I did think it was a limited edition. Maybe the box and sticker is the limited part?
    I use my SA15.7 lower with an IUR upper on it and I have the upper put aside. (Along with the bayo and the triad rail) I'm building another AR lower based on the CC stripped lower so the original will be retired eventually.
    I don't feel particularly butthurt over the re-release but I did think about it a bit when I saw the thread.

If you missed them the first time around, get one. They are quite nice.

I agree with everyone here, the SA15.7/SA20’s are fantastic Rifles. I wouldn’t be selling mine but I’ve got a SLR to pay for.

It’s a free market and can charge whatever they like, however mass production of expensive ARs right now is not a good business decision, Daniel Defense laid off a chunck of its workers a couple of months ago due to slow sales and over production.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Colt Canada do small batch runs every few years once interest builds up and supports sales.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_911 View Post
    Why?
    C8A3 is substantially lighter especially up front than the iur guns. And you can put a quad or mlok handguard on the c8a3 if you must add accessories

Quote Originally Posted by Redblack View Post
    I agree with everyone here, the SA15.7/SA20’s are fantastic Rifles. I wouldn’t be selling mine but I’ve got a SLR to pay for.
    Why not use your sa20 for parts on your slr?

When and which dealers will be selling these?

Quote Originally Posted by Normac View Post
    When and which dealers will be selling these?
    We'll have an ETA & dealers list when they become available.

In the mean time since the discussion ran its course we're going to lock this thread. Obviously, we have no control over what other distributors do or how they price their products. Please continue the discussion in black rifle forum. Thanks.
    Last edited by North_Sylva; 12-20-2017 at 09:11 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234