Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Just approved for Canada POF REVOLUTION Gen 4 308 16.5" 2569.99USD

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by scourge18a View Post
    I don't think so. Pretty sure the pins still match up even if it has a larger Magwell and the trigger group pushed rearward. I believe everything was made to AR15 spec, an AR 15 bcg, charge handle and barrel will fit. There are a few videos from Frank that point these things out.
    Amazing gun though. The P308 is amazing also, I had always wondered about a more compact bcg as you could definitely feel it stroking back and forth due to the weight.
    POF makes some of the best AR style rifles period.
    You're correct that it takes AR parts, but that alone doesnt make it restricted. What makes it restricted is the fact that it was designed based off of an AR 15/AR 10 making it a variant thereof, and therefore restricted. Even if you couldnt attach it to any other AR 10/15 it would still be restricted due to that fact. BCL got around this by designing their 102 after the earlier prototype to the ar 10. And the maccabee and atrs designs arent based on any AR design, they are unique but take many common components.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by valentinemichaelsmith View Post
    You're correct that it takes AR parts, but that alone doesnt make it restricted. What makes it restricted is the fact that it was designed based off of an AR 15/AR 10 making it a variant thereof, and therefore restricted. Even if you couldnt attach it to any other AR 10/15 it would still be restricted due to that fact. BCL got around this by designing their 102 after the earlier prototype to the ar 10. And the maccabee and atrs designs arent based on any AR design, they are unique but take many common components.
    There is no reason why BCL, ATRS, etc could not build a similar hybrid based off one of their NR designs.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Regular
    They had one of these for a raffle at Superstition Mountain 3-Gun last year but unfortunately my tickets didn't bring it home.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    There is no reason why BCL, ATRS, etc could not build a similar hybrid based off one of their NR designs.
    Would there be a Canadian market for such a hybrid because not many shooters would know about it other then this site. For me a purchase would be a sure thing.
    CCFR — CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    Would there be a Canadian market for such a hybrid because not many shooters would know about it other then this site. For me a purchase would be a sure thing.
    No idea the market, it would be much more popular among hunters than target shooters that is for sure.

ATRS would probably be the most viable ones to produce the rifle as they already do 308 and 556 NR autoloaders that take AR parts.

I would buy along with a bunch of people I shoot/hunt with provided the price was in line with the POF
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pax+Caritas View Post
    Hello Irunguns,

Is an 18.5" or longer (20") barrel with non-restricted status still being explored for the POF Revolution?

I was looking at the Stag 10, but I would rather hold out for a Revolution if it could be granted non-restricted status.

Thanks,
    IRG, I assume no news on this being NR is bad news?

We have already crossed those waters. The lab gave it restricted status due to the fact the manufacturer advertises it like this...

Name:  pof.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  55.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by PZero View Post
    IRG, I assume no news on this being NR is bad news?

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

I wonder about their 300 Win Mag....

We have a number of firearms currently with the lab for NR status. If everything works out we will have some very happy people...

We will keep everyone in the loop.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Love that

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast