Thread: SVT40 scope mounts

SVT40 scope mounts

I was wondering why there were two versions of the SVT40 mount and scope kit on the website, one which is 425$ and one which is 400$, what's the difference exactly?

Both still require a notch and svt rails I assume?

Expired Business Member
    Select one that’s is cheaper . 425 will be removed tomorrow I am not sure why it is still there .

Quote Originally Posted by westrifle View Post
    Select one that’s is cheaper . 425 will be removed tomorrow I am not sure why it is still there .
    Ah alright thanks for clearing it up, will you guys continue importing these after you run out or will you definitely stop buying more (I might only purchase a scope later when I have more money)?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    I have this mount and scope on a railed Izzy with no notch. It fits snug and has held zero unless I change ammo or mess with the dials. My rifle does not have the sniper notch. As such once tapping the mount in place with a rubber Mallot once I have never removed It again so it does not become loose. You can still disassemble the rifle with the scope rail in place just requires you to use a boresnake or push the cleaning rod in from the muzzle. Still the unit looks bad ass, it would have been nice to include a cover/cap combo at $400+ like with the PU mosin scope.

Quote Originally Posted by philhut View Post
    I have this mount and scope on a railed Izzy with no notch. It fits snug and has held zero unless I change ammo or mess with the dials. My rifle does not have the sniper notch. As such once tapping the mount in place with a rubber Mallot once I have never removed It again so it does not become loose. You can still disassemble the rifle with the scope rail in place just requires you to use a boresnake or push the cleaning rod in from the muzzle. Still the unit looks bad ass, it would have been nice to include a cover/cap combo at $400+ like with the PU mosin scope.
    Huh that's odd, i thought the notch was always necessary to lock the scope in place, you didn't have to file your receiver to lock the scope in?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by commissar_lubi View Post
    Huh that's odd, i thought the notch was always necessary to lock the scope in place, you didn't have to file your receiver to lock the scope in?
    Nope. The grooves on the side of that rifle were snug to the metal of the receiver such that I needed to tap it in (don't think it will be moving easily) I have never removed the bracket since in fear it would loosen up. Personally I think I got lucky. I wouldn't file my receiver or alter the gun permenatly if I were to scope another SVT40 I would use the no drill mount from Badace after having bought their mount for a K98.

Expired Business Member
    bump

Expired Business Member
    bump