Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question: Award of Monitary Compensation After a Claim

Solid and reasonable questions - Capri?
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    Or take a plea deal and get on with your life...
    not a viable solution if it means a criminal record for something you never did.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Definitely valid questions, awaiting answers also.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    A little unfair to expect answers on a Saturday two days before Christmas. Maybe next week or even on Jan 2?

(good questions though)
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    If only some of you only knew the Folks at Capri you would not make such immature statements about them not caring what happens. The fellow at Capri who has put this together is an avid shooter. When insurance companies were dumping gun dealers left and right (it happened to us) Capri rushed in to fill the void, and even was able to lower rates from our previous provider.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Fair enough.. But Capri is the agent who makes money from selling insurance.. The major insurance companies are or could be the problem??? When it comes time to pay for your legal expenses..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    not a viable solution if it means a criminal record for something you never did.
    Very true.. especially if you need a record check for your job..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    Very true.. especially if you need a record check for your job..
    Or visit the US
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniest View Post
    Capri;

I was just reading the Insurance policy (here: https://firearmlegaldefence.com/wp-c...y-v1012-16.pdf) and wanted some clarifications on the policy before I decide to buy for the new year. I am not trying to bash Capri and/or Firearm Legal Defence when I ask these questions: I would rather understand the policy under the rarest and extreme circumstances than be ignorant for not asking.

I am asking it in the forum instead of on the phone so it will hopefully encourage others to understand the policy and want to purchase firearm legal defence!

Let's say for example (using this specific example to mitigate any possibility of non-firearms related charges occurring):
    The insured is using LAR mags with a capacity of 10 rounds of 5.56x45/.223Rem in a non-restricted firearm like the ATRS Modern Varmint. The insured is out legally walking on their own lawfully owned property hunting coyotes for the purpose of predator control on their hobby farm during the day when a RCMP officer stops the insured, arrests them and charges them with the LAR mags being a prohibited device for holding in excess of 5 rounds of 5.56x45/.223Rem in a semi-automatic firearm. The insured has proof of a valid PAL; proof of lawful ownership of the rifle, ammunition and LAR magazine; proof of ownership of the land and proof that during their hunting the insured was not in violation of provincial and other regulations (distance from a house, etc.).
    The insured also, during the event of being arrested, have actions taken against the insured by the officer(s) that they feel are also criminal (assault by the officer) and/or abuse of the insured's human rights. The insured call Firearm Legal Defence immediately upon being allowed their council. The prosecutor agrees to proceed with charges, likely quite a few, including the charges of possession of a prohibited device.
    The insured decides to not only plead 'Not Guilty' to all charges but immediately start a civil suit for a large sum of money for the actions taken against them by the officer(s) that the insured feels are also criminal (assault by the officer) and/or abuse of their human rights.

Again, I am not trying to bash Capri and/or Firearm Legal Defence when I ask these questions: knowledge is power.

1a. If the prosecutor decides to try a plea bargain to get the insured to plead guilty to a charge that results in only a fine (no seizure, no firearms restrictions, no jail time, etc) does the exclusion 3K apply, or does the underwriter pay that fine?

1b. Should the above plea bargain be presented, should the insured decide to refuse the plea bargain, can the underwriter force the insured to do so, such as clause 6.5?

2a. Should all charges be dropped, the Underwriter pays all legal fees incurred by the insured, but the insured proceeds with a civil suit with a separate legal council due to the actions taken against them by the officer(s) that the insured feels are also criminal (assault by the officer) and/or abuse of their human rights (not a part of or due to the criminal proceedings at all); can the underwriter then influence and/or be required to be a part of the civil suit. such as 6.7?

2b. Should an award be made to the insured as part of the civil suit because the court agrees that the insured had criminal actions taken against them (assault by the officer) and/or abuse of their human rights, does the insured have to reimburse the underwriter for the payments made for the firearm legal defence case, such as 6.6?

Again, if I won a civil suit for $500K I'd be happy to reimburse the Firearm Legal Defence underwriter, but that's not the point: it is about understanding the possible actions of the underwriter. These are the tough questions I demand of my broker for my house, vehicle and other insurances so you are not special in that regard Capri.

3. Should the insured decide to enact their policy with Firearm Legal Defence even though they are more than able to pay for the legal defence themselves (maybe for firearm specific council, extra legal help, whatever) can the underwriter deny the claim when no other reason would be applicable under the policy?

4. Should the insured also be a member of firearm organization(s) and wish to enact council from them as well, can the underwriter deny the claim and/or other council, such as per 6.4(v)?

Thank you very kindly for your time, and hopefully very honest and satisfactory answers to my questions.

Hi Aniest,

Thank you for the questions. As you will see in past posts this is not the first time we’ve received questions along these longs and we’re definitely not afraid to give the answers. I will be working on answers for you right away but will have our underwirter answer some as well. If I’m being honest I will most likely not have a full answer back until the new year. Along with the holidays my wife also gave birth to a little girl recently so I’m taking some time off to spend with the family.

Please leave it with me and I will work diligently to get all your questions answered. Have a great holiday!

CGN Regular
    Congrats on the birth of your little girl.
    Merry Christmas.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast