Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question: Award of Monitary Compensation After a Claim

CGN Regular
    Congratulations! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    Fair enough.. But Capri is the agent who makes money from selling insurance.. The major insurance companies are or could be the problem??? When it comes time to pay for your legal expenses..
    Hi Gub,

Sounds like you’ve had some bad experiences with insurance companies and it’s sad to say you’re not a minority. We take the care of our clients very seriously and with regards to our Firearm Legal Defence program, there would be no point in not creating something that truly protects gun owners. This community is to small and if it didn’t do what it was suppose to it would sink very quickly. We’re constantly improving our program. Increasing limits, broadening coverage and most recently changing underwriters after finding out our old underwriter ( DAS ) had no interest in protecting gun owners against police interpretation issues. That didn’t sit right with us so we found an underwriter who felt the same way we did.

It’s defiitly tough trying to build something with people like yourself who hop on these forums and cut us down as fast as you can. We’re here to try and build something better and hope that we can win you over as a client as well. I see also that you live in Kelowna as do I. Let me know if you ever want to stop by the office and id love to chat with you in person.

Have a great holiday.
    Last edited by Capri Insurance; 12-23-2017 at 04:07 PM.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    If only some of you only knew the Folks at Capri you would not make such immature statements about them not caring what happens. The fellow at Capri who has put this together is an avid shooter. When insurance companies were dumping gun dealers left and right (it happened to us) Capri rushed in to fill the void, and even was able to lower rates from our previous provider.
    Thank you Marlon!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    My apologies if it seems like a demand for action right away but I was not looking for an answer immediately. This is my first day to get a serious look at the insurance for some time, so I had these questions in mind for months now.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    The fellow at Capri who has put this together is an avid shooter.
    That is great to hear! You will note that I named the underwriter specifically as I am less concerned about Capri as I am the underwriter.

Quote Originally Posted by Capri Insurance View Post
    Hi Aniest,

Thank you for the questions. As you will see in past posts this is not the first time we’ve received questions along these longs and we’re definitely not afraid to give the answers. I will be working on answers for you right away but will have our underwirter answer some as well. If I’m being honest I will most likely not have a full answer back until the new year. Along with the holidays my wife also gave birth to a little girl recently so I’m taking some time off to spend with the family.
    Thank you for your time! My concern is how much control over the decisions the insured is making that the underwriter will have; as well as any monetary compensations the insured may receive that the underwriter may control and/or take. I am one of those strange people that reads every insurance policy with a "fine toothed comb" and never just hits the "accept" button with out reading the agreement.

Merry Christmas and the very best to you, your wife and the little one!
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    All good questions. I'll look forward to seeing the response in the new year.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Capri Insurance View Post
    Hi Gub,

Sounds like you’ve had some bad experiences with insurance companies and it’s sad to say you’re not a minority. We take the care of our clients very seriously and with regards to our Firearm Legal Defence program, there would be no point in not creating something that truly protects gun owners. This community is to small and if it didn’t do what it was suppose to it would sink very quickly. We’re constantly improving our program. Increasing limits, broadening coverage and most recently changing underwriters after finding out our old underwriter ( DAS ) had no interest in protecting gun owners against police interpretation issues. That didn’t sit right with us so we found an underwriter who felt the same way we did.

It’s defiitly tough trying to build something with people like yourself who hop on these forums and cut us down as fast as you can. We’re here to try and build something better and hope that we can win you over as a client as well. I see also that you live in Kelowna as do I. Let me know if you ever want to stop by the office and id love to chat with you in person.

Have a great holiday.
    I'm sorry you thought my post was a cut down. I've had no dealings with any claims. I'm just trying to be a realist and not give people any false sense of security
    Since you mentioned DAS.. It looks like my coverage through CFFR is through DAS and will be coming up for renewal shortly
    What would you recommend for people that have coverage through different org's ?? And cross over coverages??
    PM me if I can contact you directly But we all need coverage...Many are interested

Tagged for follow up.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    I'm sorry you thought my post was a cut down. I've had no dealings with any claims. I'm just trying to be a realist and not give people any false sense of security
    Since you mentioned DAS.. It looks like my coverage through CFFR is through DAS and will be coming up for renewal shortly
    What would you recommend for people that have coverage through different org's ?? And cross over coverages??
    PM me if I can contact you directly But we all need coverage...Many are interested
    The best thing to do is what Aniest has done. Read the policy and be sure you understand it. If there’s parts you don’t understand then ask the questions and we’re always happy to answer them. I will continue to do my best on this forum in helping to educate and protect the firearms community. I’m always happy to chat so please feel free to contact me dorectly at 250.869.3987 or zsching@capri.ca.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    I know mine expires in the new year (late Jan I think). Will you send a renewal notice to my email?
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    I know mine expires in the new year (late Jan I think). Will you send a renewal notice to my email?
    Yep, 1 in advance as an expiry heads up, another 2 weeks or so before expiry. Link included to renew etc...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast