Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Question: Award of Monitary Compensation After a Claim

Great that Capri will attempt to answer some of the questions but I wouldn't overthink it too much - it's $100 for the policy. If it was $2000 and there was a lot of competition out there I'd spend more time analyzing it. Consider it a really big bonus if you manage to get yourself into a jam and the insurance company spends huge sums of money to help you out. Or takes a minimal sum of any judgment you might receive. This has nothing to do with Capri who I am sure are great folks but they are middlemen selling the policy. At the end of the day the owners of the insurance company, rich, privileged folk are going to keep as much of that money in their pockets as possible. If they aren't in business to make money, they are going to be out business. I own a policy for the record.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Capri Insurance View Post
    Hi Aniest,

Thank you for the questions. As you will see in past posts this is not the first time we’ve received questions along these longs and we’re definitely not afraid to give the answers. I will be working on answers for you right away but will have our underwirter answer some as well. If I’m being honest I will most likely not have a full answer back until the new year. Along with the holidays my wife also gave birth to a little girl recently so I’m taking some time off to spend with the family.

Please leave it with me and I will work diligently to get all your questions answered. Have a great holiday!
    Congratulations on the family addition! Great response to the question, too! Merry Christmas!
    CSSA, CCFR member, former NFA member

Following

Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    Well .. LE can do what they want.. And if you have enough money you MAY get the charges dismissed?? Or take a plea deal and get on with your life...
    And that's the problem in our society: THEY CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT.

Quote Originally Posted by Capri Insurance View Post
    Hi Gub,

Sounds like you’ve had some bad experiences with insurance companies and it’s sad to say you’re not a minority. We take the care of our clients very seriously and with regards to our Firearm Legal Defence program, there would be no point in not creating something that truly protects gun owners. This community is to small and if it didn’t do what it was suppose to it would sink very quickly. We’re constantly improving our program. Increasing limits, broadening coverage and most recently changing underwriters after finding out our old underwriter ( DAS ) had no interest in protecting gun owners against police interpretation issues. That didn’t sit right with us so we found an underwriter who felt the same way we did.

It’s defiitly tough trying to build something with people like yourself who hop on these forums and cut us down as fast as you can. We’re here to try and build something better and hope that we can win you over as a client as well. I see also that you live in Kelowna as do I. Let me know if you ever want to stop by the office and id love to chat with you in person.

Have a great holiday.
    Wow you are smooth... well done. Straight finesse!
    Last edited by Loosethoughts; 12-23-2017 at 08:52 PM. Reason: I'm dumb

CGN Regular
    Congrats on the baby girl! Merry Christmas!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer angrysoldier's Avatar
    If you plead a charge your stupid unless your guilty of the offense. If your innocent, fight like hell and don't back down. I was offered two years fed time if I pled out to a bs charge. I fought, got the charges dropped and got a 6 figure settlement.
    dont sweat the petty things, and dont pet the sweaty things

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysoldier View Post
    If you plead a charge your stupid unless your guilty of the offense. If your innocent, fight like hell and don't back down. I was offered two years fed time if I pled out to a bs charge. I fought, got the charges dropped and got a 6 figure settlement.
    Did you use Capri and their product?

The question becomes if the underwriter for Capri will cut short the “fight like hell” and force you to back down if the plea bargain is cheaper for them than the long fight to get you an innocent ruling. The second question is basically if the underwriter can take some of the “six figures” due to what is in the policy.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    I just got off the phone with Zach from Capri: his answers were precise and Very Positive!!! I will wait for his official reply in the new year for the answers.

I have Zach’s verbal permission to copy his reply, from a reply and/or PM, to the original post.
    Last edited by Aniest; 12-29-2017 at 11:24 PM.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Update?
    KRISS VECTOR .45ACP , SAVAGE AXIS 25-06 ,
    RPR 6.5 CREEDMOOR , SAVAGE AXIS XP 22-250
    SAVAGE .22 , SKS X2 , O'l 30.06 , few others...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast