Thread: Nitride Finishes on Custom Guns?

Deleted

Last edited by LeadMonkey; 01-12-2020 at 08:21 AM.

CGN Regular
    EDIT: Didn't realize this was in a dealer thread... deleted.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sakoman .308's Avatar
    I would love to have a pistol coated in dlc.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    I see some new Dlask items on the site that advertise a Nitride Finish, finished with liquid nitrocarburizing to a surface hardness of 65-68 HRC

Have you started doing this in house and if so do you have any experience with Nitride coatings on entire firearms such as custom 2011 race guns?

Are there any plans to offer this service in the future?

I'm asking because I want to refinish my custom 2011 and I see this as an enormous hole in the Canadian competitive shooting market yet a very popular service currently only offered from elite gun builders down south (as far as I know)

Some of the obvious complications might be refitting of the gun components (which already had very tight tolerances) after having applied a coating which ads a few thousandths of an inch thickness and prepping the various guns which may have all kinds of existing finishes that first need to be removed.
    Noop, sorry. Unfortunately we do not have the time to devote to custom jobs like this. It takes HOURS of hand work to get a pistol prepped, done and refitted so you would be happy with it. At $105/ hr for the shop rate you would not be happy with the bill.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”