Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Firearms Outlet Canada

TheFalseProphet, you and I could go back and forth debating all day. I see what you're saying and I do have to agree with you for most of your points. Especially how I should be praising my local range. I will do that now and state that after my bad encounters with FOC, Easthill Outdoors stepped up and won my business. In my eyes they are clearly the better choice for customer experience. On some of your other points I'll have to disagree on that one. Pointing out other instances of shoddy CS and their lack of keeping to their advertising maybe isn't what you want to hear but it should be out in the open. What would you do if you saw that same ad? If I was running that business, literally the least I could do is say thank you to the person that pointed out a mistake which could have potentially cost me thousands in lost revenue. They didn't go that route. That's the point I'm trying to make. The flagrant idgaf attitude I've seen on 3 different occasions. You may be a regular customer of theirs which is fine. You're entitled to shop wherever you want to.

LooseThoughts, thanks for your post. I was thinking I was on my own here. Yes I won't be shopping there any more thanks
    Last edited by Pathfinder2017; 12-29-2017 at 08:36 AM.

CGN Regular
    I actually appreciated FOC's sales staff NOT acting like boutique electronic store snobs. It was very refreshing compared to my common experience with condesceding staff who would probably teach Browning or Stoner a thing or two about guns with all their magazine reading and movie watching gun knowledge.
    Instore purchases were pleasant and online purchases are simple with speedy delivery. Communication via email was very prompt as well.
    Hope you can get resolution.

I've had positive experiences when dealing with them. Have bought ammo, restricted firearm, and even a couple of t shirts.

They have even gone above and beyond for me in the past.

I've read on here people raving about another store in the area,where as I had terrible service there.
    KCCO

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Placed an order for a bunch of magazines, credit card got charged in full. Got an email with a shipping notice. Few days later I get a call saying they actually only have one in stock so they will refund the rest. Another few days passes and they announce a sale in which they’re giving away 2 extra mags (the ones i was trying to order) with each firearm purchase. That pissed me off. Not enough to boycott, but annoying serivce.

Quote Originally Posted by squidxm View Post
    Placed an order for a bunch of magazines, credit card got charged in full. Got an email with a shipping notice. Few days later I get a call saying they actually only have one in stock so they will refund the rest. Another few days passes and they announce a sale in which they’re giving away 2 extra mags (the ones i was trying to order) with each firearm purchase. That pissed me off. Not enough to boycott, but annoying serivce.
    FOC has been pretty good with me for the most part. They price match small items for me which I appreciate. It really keeps me coming back because there's no reason not to. Same price, good people behind the counter, no waiting for shipping.

This is all good until the day I went in money in hand ready to buy an AR15 for the amazing advertised price of $620. Two other dealers had them listed for that price. FOC would not price match and kind of smiled and laughed at me for asking for it! I left disappointed and without purchasing the few small regular priced items I had picked up while in the store. That night I ordered the AR from one of the other dealers.

Three weeks later, FOC had the same price advertised on one of their sales flyers. I said out loud, "Screw you guys!"

Retail / service is a very difficult and competitive industry to be in. FOC is local for me so I typically give them a first look, but it's the small things that piss people off and once they're gone as a purchasing customer it's hard to get them back.

Since becoming a new customer of T**da, I have spent over $4000 there in the last month and a half!

FOC.
    I have been involved in this sport for 43 years plus, and have been around for 62 years. I can remember when the gold standard customer service phrase was, "The customer is always right". With attitudes today, from the general population , it is hard to maintain that service standard. HOWEVER, I have dealt with FOC since it's start, and I will continue going there, for the very reason, of good customer service. No problem too big or small, if they can help you they will. I also remember the saying , it takes two to tango. Attitude goes a long way in the service industry, both sides of the counter. I can only say , my experiences (and there have been many) have been excellent, making me want to go back again and again. I have dealt with some , nasty sales people over the years, in this industry and others, BUT, I have never had a problem at FOC, nor have I witnessed anything of the sort while in their premise.
    Doug
    Whitby, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by MuthaFunk View Post
    FOC has been pretty good with me for the most part. They price match small items for me which I appreciate. It really keeps me coming back because there's no reason not to. Same price, good people behind the counter, no waiting for shipping.

This is all good until the day I went in money in hand ready to buy an AR15 for the amazing advertised price of $620. Two other dealers had them listed for that price. FOC would not price match and kind of smiled and laughed at me for asking for it! I left disappointed and without purchasing the few small regular priced items I had picked up while in the store. That night I ordered the AR from one of the other dealers.

Three weeks later, FOC had the same price advertised on one of their sales flyers. I said out loud, "Screw you guys!"

Retail / service is a very difficult and competitive industry to be in. FOC is local for me so I typically give them a first look, but it's the small things that piss people off and once they're gone as a purchasing customer it's hard to get them back.

Since becoming a new customer of T**da, I have spent over $4000 there in the last month and a half!
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. It's those kind of interactions with them that Have ruined their store for me.

You won't have any stores left to buy from if you dismiss them after an "out of the norm" experience. $hit happens and even the very best retailers have bad moments. If you live long enough you'll realize it's part of life. I've had at least one bad experience from nearly every site sponsor but unless it's habitual I don't worry about it too much.

It is habitual. Thus the reason for the post. If it was a one off then no problem, understandable.

Complete opposite for me,in fact the guys have gone out of their way to help me.

Being in Newfoundland shipping prices tend to get crazy,especially when shipping ammo is concerned,several times the guys have gone out of their way to shop around to make sure I was getting the best price to have my items shipped to me.

The prices are also pretty hard to beat
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.