Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mosin Barrel (Gunsmithing Services)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magellann View Post
    It looks good so far. I'm surprised that a lot more Mosins are not sporterized in some way, they are a very good rifle base to work with.
    There is many reasons why you don't see fctory sporterized Mosin's

Mauser rifles are far superior on many levels.

oh thats awesome. nice work

That's a nice looking project you got going on there, don't let people talk you down on doing something YOU want.
    I'll have to ask them if they will rebarrel a mosin action.

Close to my Friends, Closer to my Enemies
    I was bored last year so built one up with a Finn M27 barrel. Very accurate when done right.

[youtube]Pm1JkaDoVIw[/youtube]
    “Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.” - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by EHG View Post
    I was bored last year so built one up with a Finn M27 barrel. Very accurate when done right.
    I hope its a joke ! Its a joke right ???

EDIT : OK I was reading too fast... You didn't took a M27 but you installed a M27 barrel on a Izhevsk 91/30.
    I first thought you bubba a scarce M27 !
    Last edited by ben777lemay; 12-30-2017 at 10:39 PM.

No joke ben. Come and shoot it and see what a Mosin can do when tuned right.
    There have been many custom Mosins made in the USA. Mine is a rather cheap conversion.
    “Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.” - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by EHG View Post
    No joke ben. Come and shoot it and see what a Mosin can do when tuned right.
    There have been many custom Mosins made in the USA. Mine is a rather cheap conversion.
    I have no doubt it can be done right but I would not spend big bucks on a mosin, but that's just my opinion.

BTW it looks badass with the muzzle brake haha !

I do my own smithing so cost was $100 for a used Rock Solid mount, $40 for the same bolt which I welded on, $150 for the Finn barrel and $10 for the muzzle break.
    The rest of the accessories I already owned. Oh and the rifle was a gift.
    Really, it was just a fun project. I'd rather spend the bigger bucks on Remingtons and custom actions and I do.

I’m only into mine for 400 including the cost of cutting,threading and crowning the barrel,and that’s with the archangel stock

Haven’t gotten around to removing the rear site,or blasting it and recoating it,and still have to do the bent bolt mod,which I’ll do myself,but for an old beater that’s not matching numbers and had no stock,I’m glad I was able to bring it back to a state in which it could be fired again.

Some times it’s not all about the logic of what you can buy ,but the joy of doing a project and making a rifle uselfull again.

I’m planning on using mine to take out and let new shooters try out long range shooting at a reasonable price,so far it’s been working pretty great,and is a hell of a lot cheaper then my .308
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ben777lemay View Post
    There is many reasons why you don't see fctory sporterized Mosin's

Mauser rifles are far superior on many levels.
    I agree, but Mausers are getting more scarce nowadays and are selling for a lot more money, its not worth making a sporter out of one anymore. Mosins are even creeping up in price, and soon they too wont be worth spending the money on.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast