Thread: Job Opportunity - Sales

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar

Job Opportunity - Sales

Prophet River Firearms is a retail location and Internet dealer located in Lloydminster, Alberta. We specialize in selling high quality and unique items as well as reloading components and accessories. Another aspect of our business is our importing service we provide to customers that bring industry related goods across the border. We have a large customer base that spans the entire country and we ship out many parcels coast to coast each day. We are a quickly growing company that is once again hiring to keep up with our customer demands.

Currently seeking a full time salesperson. Primary responsibilities will be customer inquiries/orders via phone and front of store sales. Competency with a computer and experience with firearms is a necessity. The successful applicant will show a strong desire to continue to learn on the job and will have a passion for the shooting industry. Salary/benefits negotiable depending on experience.

In order to be considered applicants must have....

- 1 year sales experience, preferably in a related field.
    - A valid PAL, restricted status not necessary but preferable.
    - A cover letter outlining your firearms/outdoor knowledge and experience.

Submit resume, cover letter, PAL (with date of birth to check validity) to ed@prophetriver.com.
    Last edited by Prophet River; 12-31-2017 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Edited to read: Full time
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

That would be a good job,I would owe money at the end of the month.
    If your ad in the EE is for an item that is sold, do us all a favour and mark the header PLS REMOVE.

God damn I wish there were opportunities like that in Nova Scotia. I would be happy as a pig in #### if I could work at a firearm related business.

Would be a great job after I retire......too bad I still have another 8 to go.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer struff55's Avatar
    Three comments on the job posting all hobbiest . People have no idea what it takes to work in a retail gun shop it's a business and a very competive buissness it's not about you it's about getting the job done 35 years experience in the fireams industry have seen many retail shops come and go and many wholesale outlets . Best of luck prophet river

Quote Originally Posted by struff55 View Post
    Three comments on the job posting all hobbiest . People have no idea what it takes to work in a retail gun shop it's a business and a very competive buissness it's not about you it's about getting the job done 35 years experience in the fireams industry have seen many retail shops come and go and many wholesale outlets . Best of luck prophet river
    Prophet River has been around for alot of years top end firearms and related, top notch staff. Top notch steady customers.

CGN Regular
    You are right Struff55, many don't realize how it is to work in retail. You have to be able to take it and stay calm. The good days when everybody is happy are the easy ones. It's when a customer is not happy anymore that it becomes "real". I did it for 25 yrs. I miss it now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 9.3 Hunter View Post
    Prophet River has been around for alot of years top end firearms and related, top notch staff. Top notch steady customers.
    Prophet River has attracted a clientele that appreciates higher end firearms, so they have a lot less competition than the businesses whose sales depend more on selling a lot more lower end firearms. As well, Prophet River has provided a much higher level of customer service than most businesses. These two factors are reasons that they are so successful at what thy do. If I was to work as a firearms salesman, I would want to work at Prophet River, rather than work for a large chain store.
    only accurate guns are interesting

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Always dream of leaving for one year and put my talent to a firearms business, not for the money really but more for satisfaction, i may just do that after my treatments are over...
    I bet ide be still very productive... JP.