CDTSA - Milo Range CQB Clinic 28-29 April 2018 Debrief here....

Trust me, I had a riot watching all eight relays grind their pistols and holsters into the gravel while adopting the modified prone position. Hahahaha. :wave:

Cheers, Barney

That is why I'm shooting a Canik, but I need a Safariland holster as you've rightfully shouted once..!

I need a KD Range (known distance) with covered cement butts to teach this properly.... I know of a 900m Range in Dundurn, SK that’s rarely used except for the odd PPCLI Sniper course

I’m luckier out here in Ontario because there are many bases that have these ranges. The PR matches by DCRA.ca and their NSCC C OF Fire are designed around these ranges

Any thought on having me out west? All depends on the ranges and their facilities. I’m blessed to have a pointman / organizer / club president like chalkriver2.5 or Morgan who helps make things happen on base for me.....

Cheers, Barney

I would love to join a PR class. What is the minimum range you would need...?

DarrenL...got your $60. Thanks a bunch

We still have lots and lots of spaces. For those of you who feel guilty taking this clinic once again, fear not. In the ORA, many shooters appreciate a tune up or possibly another chance to prove a second or third set of 5/30 magazines. One never knows

Cheers, Barney

February 1st is around the corner.....get ready, then we open up to non-members for the price of $80....$40 bucks a day of intense training.... what’s not to like??

Thanks for all your patience and your kind support over the years....

Cheers, Barney. :wave:

Just sent you an EMT and my info. Looking forward to it!

Wondering about a couple of things; I have mag pouches for 4 pistol and 4 rifle mags on my 3-gun belt right now. Should I count on being able to hold 5 of each, and grab another of each, or will 4 work?

And Are level 2 retention holsters recommended/required? I'm kind of on the fence as to what pistol I should bring. I shoot my Shadow for 3 gun and steel challenge, and am MUCH more proficient with it. Buuut I only have a level 1 (Blade Tech) holster for it, and would kind of rather not smash it repeatedly into the gravel. I also have a Glock 22 with a level 2 (Serpa) holster that I really couldn't care less about beating up. But I don't shoot it quite as well. Decisions!

Last edited:
But I want you to grind that leather holster into the gravel and spent brass casings. Hahahaha:evil:

Scotty454:

Your EMT was Good to Go... and you are registered. You like that new Interac software? No more security question and answer....

2nd level retention is not required but honestly dropping your pistol due to Zero retention holster into the blue Porta Potty would be rather embarrassing. :eek:

Running a Glock or a polymer pistol has its advantages while shooting from the modified prone.... :wave:

Questions???

Cheers, Barney.

Last edited:
But I want you to grind that leather holster into the gravel and spent brass casings. Hahahaha:evil:

Scotty454:

Your EMT was Good to Go... and you are registered. You like that new Interac software? No more security question and answer....

2nd level retention is not required but honestly dropping your pistol due to Zero retention holster into the blue Porta Potty would be rather embarrassing. :eek:

Running a Glock or a polymer pistol has its advantages while shooting from the modified prone.... :wave:

Questions???

Cheers, Barney.

Didn't know that sending an EMT without a security question was a thing. Definitely speeds up the process.

I'll probably end up bringing my Glock. Not into fishing guns out of a sea of ####, haha.

Number of mags?

Last edited:
For The CQB matches one need five rifle magazines and 2 pistol magazines.

For the clinic many shooters bring about ten or more rifle magazines with the intention of cycling them through in order to PROVE them for future stress free competition.... you see not all 5/30 magazines behave and cooperate all the time!! :evil:

Cheers, Barney

For The CQB matches one need five rifle magazines and 2 pistol magazines.

For the clinic many shooters bring about ten or more rifle magazines with the intention of cycling them through in order to PROVE them for future stress free competition.... you see not all 5/30 magazines behave and cooperate all the time!! :evil:

Cheers, Barney

One should bring all they've got, including those 10 rounders etc for a certain event at the end...!

Back
Top Bottom