Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CDTSA - Milo Range CQB Clinic 28-29 April 2018 Debrief here....

Any chance of a PR clinic out west?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gophers View Post
    Any chance of a PR clinic out west?
    I need a KD Range (known distance) with covered cement butts to teach this properly.... I know of a 900m Range in Dundurn, SK that’s rarely used except for the odd PPCLI Sniper course

I’m luckier out here in Ontario because there are many bases that have these ranges. The PR matches by DCRA.ca and their NSCC C OF Fire are designed around these ranges

Any thought on having me out west? All depends on the ranges and their facilities. I’m blessed to have a pointman / organizer / club president like chalkriver2.5 or Morgan who helps make things happen on base for me.....

Cheers, Barney

CGN Ultra frequent flyer grelmar's Avatar
    This was a great class last year... Thinking of doing it again this year, and using my 858 instead of my AR... Probably leave the fancy grips off my 92fs this time though

It's a fun couple of days, with some great tips and tricks. Any chance to spend a couple solid days learning and practising for this kind of money is a fantastic deal.

Calgary, AB - Home of the Southern Alberta Defence Force (SADF)
    Hey Barney,

Years ago, a bunch of us that used to shoot Service Rifle in Alberta (namely out of YYC) spent a day shooting on the base range(s) up in Edmonton. It was some time ago now (easily 10-12 years ago) and I don't recall the exact specifics of how we (a fair number of civilians included) managed to get it set up and approved, etc. - but it was a fantastic facility and an incredible day. Any chance that could be an option for a PR Clinic in AB?

Cheers,

Shooster
    "Let the shoosting begin!!!" - Goldmember - Circa 2002

We want PR Clinic in Calgary...!

Is there any pre-requisite to take the course? I am very interested but haven’t had a chance to take any shooting courses...yet.

following

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by catfan View Post
    Is there any pre-requisite to take the course? I am very interested but haven’t had a chance to take any shooting courses...yet.
    Read the threads from last year, there were lots of questions asked and answered.

My biggest concern was having the "right" setup. Mostly you just need a holster and rifle sling you are comfortable with and a way to carry mags that you like. Some guys had full operator class set ups, some stuffed mags in pockets. You don't need specific gear or skill set, just something that works and the willingness to take it slow at first and learn.

YYC just out from under the yoke of Notleyism
    Barney I sent you an email, about this and something else. I did it last year and it was excellent, I'm in if your interested in retreads.

YYC just out from under the yoke of Notleyism
    Quote Originally Posted by calgaryhkguy View Post
    Barney I sent you an email, about this and something else. I did it last year and it was excellent, I'm in if your interested in retreads.
    EMT sent, thanks for the help see you end of April!