Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CDTSA - Milo Range CQB Clinic 28-29 April 2018 Debrief here....

YYC just out from under the yoke of Notleyism
    Quote Originally Posted by JoKa View Post
    I have not heard any reports yet.

Service Rifle guys just had a match down there and I didnt hear them complain about anything.
    Garfield said he might go down on Friday, if so he can at least provide some feedback on the range conditions.

CGN Regular
    Saturday 14th was a total mudhole. Fortunately wore high rubber boots, but nearly lost one a few times patching targets in bay 8. The other bays looked much the same. Road from the gate to range one and two looked to be four drive wheel only. On the other hand, the ground dries up quickly in southern Alberta.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Calgary View Post
    Saturday 14th was a total mudhole. Fortunately wore high rubber boots, but nearly lost one a few times patching targets in bay 8. The other bays looked much the same. Road from the gate to range one and two looked to be four drive wheel only. On the other hand, the ground dries up quickly in southern Alberta.
    This year we are finishing ranges 9-15, once that is done we should be able to put more money into maintenance and preventative maintenance..... i hope.....

CGN Regular
    Any word on opening the plinking range? I keep looking at it with longing as I drive past each time out. Backboards have not a single hole in any of them the last time I hiked out there to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Calgary View Post
    Any word on opening the plinking range? I keep looking at it with longing as I drive past each time out. Backboards have not a single hole in any of them the last time I hiked out there to look.
    Problem is the application for that range was tied in to the shotgun range and the shotgun range ran into issues.
    I think those issues are cleared up now and just waiting on the CFO.....again.....

CGN Regular
    I have not heard any reports yet.

Service Rifle guys just had a match down there and I didnt hear them complain about anything.
    Thank you for the response.

Any suggestions on camping areas or would McGregor be my best bet?

Quote Originally Posted by J_Impact View Post
    Thank you for the response.

Any suggestions on camping areas or would McGregor be my best bet?
    McGregor camp ground is the only one I am aware of.
    I think there is a motel above the bar in Milo but have not heard reviews on that.

The camp ground is really close to range.

I went last Sunday and the bays were very muddy. They are worst at the backstop. The road to the rifle bays was bad as there is water flowing through a section which keeps it extra wet. Range Road 223 was fine- just some ruts you have to negotiate.
    "Don't confuse effort with results."

YYC just out from under the yoke of Notleyism
    McGregor camp ground is the only one I am aware of.
    I think there is a motel above the bar in Milo but have not heard reviews on that.

The camp ground is really close to range.
    My wife and I stay at Aspen Crossing which is in Mossleigh about 20 mins away. Full service although at this time of year their is no water so you have to full up at the office. It's a nice place and my wife hangs there while I'm CQBing.

Quote Originally Posted by calgaryhkguy View Post
    My wife and I stay at Aspen Crossing which is in Mossleigh about 20 mins away. Full service although at this time of year their is no water so you have to full up at the office. It's a nice place and my wife hangs there while I'm CQBing.
    Perfect
    Thanks for the Tip.

REMINDER TO ALL
    Especially non-members that have never been out there.

GPS and looking at a map will tell you that RR224 is the best route. DO NOT TAKE RR224. It is part of our operating conditions that we do not use that road for range use. Drive one past it to RR223 and double back in.

PM me if you have any questions. (Or Barney)