Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Petawawa GC and TacticalTeacher 2018 Season Series - DATES Posted...

Business Member

Petawawa GC and TacticalTeacher 2018 Season Series - DATES Posted...

Well that was a short break. This coming season for 2018 I was able to sit down with certain contacts and hammer out some dates for the coming season. Now you can start pencilling in events for your shooting calendar.

After much debate and demand for a formal PR clinic, it’s back and we have not seen a formal PR clinic since 2014. Now I can accommodate the raw beginners. So here goes.....

2 CQB Clinics

The CQB Clinics are designed to get you started (possibly become an expert ) into the local CQB Matches hosted by expert match directors "Memnoch" and "dink27". Memnoch is the Match Director for the Quebec based matches and dink27 is the Match Director for the ORA Matches at Base Borden on Langemark Range. What's not to like?

Just for the newbies, a video of what you can expect at my CQB clinics!

Much thanks for AB CQB shooter adriel.....

The ORA will host their own clinic around early April. If you cannot make it to those clinics, I will be running them in April. These clinics at Base Petawawa's Echo Range will certainly save you a long drive (if you live in the Ottawa Valley Region). For you GTA budding CQB shooters, can you say “Road Trip?” Honestly there exist a whole pile of GTA CQB lovers who make the trip to Garrison Petawawa and enjoy the wonderful drive up to Bancroft, Combermere, and Barry’s Bay to Petawawa area. You city folk will love this drive...

And of course for my AB brethren in arms, I am happy to be back at CDTSA Milo Range in AB once again...

Okay back to the calendar....

24-25 March PR Clinic Petawawa

14-15 April CQB Clinic Petawawa

28-29 April CQB Clinic CDTSA Milo, AB

26-27 May PR1 Petawawa

9-10 June PR2 Petawawa

14-15 July PR3 Petawawa

11-12 August PR4 Petawawa

8-9 September Meaford LR Steel Challenge Base Meaford

29-30 September PR5 Of course it’s gonna be in my happy place of Garrison Petawawa!!

Now about those PR Weekends, we have had two seasons running these events and we have experienced great fun. This year we will include a bit of steel shooting to whet the appetite of our budding PRS type of shooters. Even the newbies will love our impromptu steel fun....

These match weekends will consist of the Saturday Zeroing "walk back". We start by confirming zeroes at 100m/yd and then walk back to 600m/yd. By the end of the Saturday practice, you will obtain your DOPE (data obtained from previous experience) for your rig, load, bullet, settings, etc, etc, etc. Where else can you get that known distance shooting established all in one day?

On the Sunday, we will shoot these matches, found in the www.dcra.ca course of fire / rulebook.... you can download the rulebook at the DCRA site!

200 m/yd Rapid Follow Up
    300 m/yd Agony Snap
    500 m/yd Snap commonly called "Targets of Opportunity"
    600 m/yd Deliberate commonly called "One shot, one kill"

Oh yeah, that's all found in the DCRA NSCC rule book! I did not make them up!

So start marking your calendars and reloading some booolits for the coming season. At least this year I’ve given you all three months head start unlike last season when I was working in Construction and Fiber Optic Installation when things we touch and go for the early 2017 Season. This year we are back for more....

Cheers

Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 12-21-2018 at 06:34 PM.

If anyone is bringing restricted firearms to Petawawa send me a PM .You will require a letter of invitation and then get a temp ATT from the CFO as we are on a Federal range(DND).
    And if you want any local maps or info contact me as well. There is a nice campground on base (Black Bear Beach Campground)
    I am looking forward to another busy season and Barney you need to edit PR5 to say it is in Petawawa .
    I can almost smell the Prime Rib now ..lol
    RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    This is just awesome !

Are there caliber restrictions for the PR clinics? I am running a 6.5CM. If that's not possible I may just deal with the ATT and bring the match AR.

Regretfully the only calibers allowed are 22, 38, 40, 9mm 5.56, 303, 7.62x39 , 308, 338Lapua

Quote Originally Posted by chalkriver2 View Post
    Regretfully the only calibers allowed are 22, 38, 40, 9mm 5.56, 303, 7.62x39 , 308, 338Lapua
    Thanks. I'll have to run the AR then.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkriver2 View Post
    I feel as this may be a stupid question, but it's better to ask. Is Lapua .223 head stamped brass good to go? or does it have to be 5.56 stamped?

Thanks

yes its fine as well as using 7.62x51 (milsurp ammo) instead of 308

Great work guys.
    Merry Christmas, Happy New Year

See you in Pet.

CGN Regular
    What is the difference between the formal PR clinic and the usual PR weekends?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast