Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Garrison Petawawa CQB Clinic 14-15 April 2018 Debrief here!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkriver2 View Post
    Barney here is a couple pics from todays snowmobile ride of the real Chalk River which isn't far from Bravo range .I signed out a couple event tents from base for us to use as it looks like snow/sleet/rain or all of them at the same time . See you at the messhall (bldg. G-104) Sat morning for breakfast.

If it ain't raining it ain't training

I know TT and chalkriver2 are tough mother####ers, but the latest weather report is calling for 20-30 cm of snow on Sunday in Pet. Not at all sure my VW golf can make it to or from the range with that volume of snow.

How quickly would the routes to and from Bravo range be cleared on the weekend?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jadam View Post
    I know TT and chalkriver2 are tough mother####ers, but the latest weather report is calling for 20-30 cm of snow on Sunday in Pet. Not at all sure my VW golf can make it to or from the range with that volume of snow.

How quickly would the routes to and from Bravo range be cleared on the weekend?
    I won’t be so tough any more without my Mochachino Latte Framboise in hand while shooting on the range...

Keep them snow tires on your vehicle,for another month !!

Cheers, Barney

Is there a shuttle bus / car pool from Ottawa and back each day?
    Target shooters & hunters ≠ Gangsters & mass murderers | Prostitutes ≠ Pimps and human traffickers | Drug users ≠ Methlab operators & narcotraffickers | Homosexuals ≠ Abomination before nature | Abortion ≠ Murder
    We are all seeking personal freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    Keep them snow tires on your vehicle,for another month !!
    I was planning to, but if there is 30 cm of snow they aren't going to be touching the ground once I start moving!!

Seriously though, does the base do snow clearing to the ranges on weekends?

I sent in a request to Base Ops asking for snow removal for those days but the main part of base has priority so we will just have to wait and see I guess...
    RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2

Quote Originally Posted by chalkriver2 View Post
    I sent in a request to Base Ops asking for snow removal for those days but the main part of base has priority so we will just have to wait and see I guess...
    Thanks Morgan. I guess I'll wait out until early on Sat AM and see what the weather Gods have in store for us...

Seriously? holy crap that is awesome.
    I will have to get some better winter shooting gloves though, my leather work gloves did not work that well at the March 24 PR clinic.
    Any recommendations?

Wont be making this weekend! I was really hoping to sneak in at the end but its just not in my stars....But hey Barney I will be picking up a Gen 5 Glock17M soon
    "I shoot better in the rain" TT

“Be the head of a chicken not the tail of a bull” Toyzone

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate.308 View Post
    Wont be making this weekend! I was really hoping to sneak in at the end but its just not in my stars....But hey Barney I will be picking up a Gen 5 Glock17M soon
    Food coma, baby!! That’s what it’s all about. We will catch ya for PR1 in May....

I have to start packing this afternoon. Hitting the open road for Garrison Petawawa tomorrow...

Cheers, Barney.