Thread: First Time Transfer/Selling of Restricted

CGN frequent flyer Siggy Stardust's Avatar

First Time Transfer/Selling of Restricted

Been on here a long time but decided to post this under the Newb FAQs due to what I think is an extremely amateurish question with a simple answer.

I am selling a restricted for the first time and I'm not sure if I'm in the right place on the CFC website to initiate the transfer to the new owner. What I've come across on the website under "FORMS" is:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...dex-eng.htm#f8

RCMP 5492 / CAFC 681
    Application to Register Restricted and Prohibited Firearms Acquired by Transfer

Please call 1-800-731-4000 to obtain a form or to complete the transfer process by phone.

This seems to be the closest thing I can find to describing the form I need, but I have received payment and am now looking to TRANSFER this pistol from my name to his, not REGISTER it. Further to that, as it says above, you need to call to complete a transfer. Does that mean there is no form on the CFC website I can just download, fill out, and email in?

This is a local sale, and if I recall correctly, it is then up to the buyer to obtain an ATT to come and pick it up?

I feel really stupid for asking these questions, but I've been searching the CFC website for some time now and this is the best I could come up with.

I know lots of CGNrs do this every day - I'm just a little lost. Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks.

SS
    Last edited by Siggy Stardust; 01-03-2018 at 10:07 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FoxAlpha's Avatar
    You have to call in to transfer a restricted firearm. Can't do it online.

Call in, follow prompts, give your info, give buyers info, give registration cert number of firearm being sold, they'll give you a reference number to pass on to the buyer, *REQUEST TRANSFER NOTIFICATION BE EMAILED TO YOU*, buyer calls in and completes transfer, wait for transfer notification, once you get it call in for ATT to post office(have the address handy), take packaged firearms to CP.

Things to note:

-Ask for the transfer notification be emailed, saves time of it being sent via snail mail.
    -Firearms can't be shipped air, must be shipped via regular parcel (or expedidited if you're a business member) but no xpresspost or priority.
    I survived the gun control scare of 2013 and all I got was this t-shirt.......
    And 30 PMags, 5000 rounds of .223, 3000 rounds of 9mm, 5 BCG's, 5 stripped lowers, and a really pissed off wife.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    ^ sums it up.

A lot of people apparently forget to request an ATT to bring the firearm to a post office. The logic in requesting this is that once the transfer is complete, the firearm doesn't belong to you anymore, and there are no ATT for you and another person's firearm, hence why you have to request a STATT once it's transferred.

If you're thinking "fuk it", just remember that the CFO/RCMP can very easily ding you for improper transport since the paper trail of the transfer is in their system...
    'nada

Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    ^ sums it up.

A lot of people apparently forget to request an ATT to bring the firearm to a post office. The logic in requesting this is that once the transfer is complete, the firearm doesn't belong to you anymore, and there are no ATT for you and another person's firearm, hence why you have to request a STATT once it's transferred.

If you're thinking "fuk it", just remember that the CFO/RCMP can very easily ding you for improper transport since the paper trail of the transfer is in their system...
    Unless you have a personal business account with CP and request them to come pick up a package from your home.
    And 30 PMags, 5000 rounds of .223, 3000 rounds of 9mm, 5 BCG's, 5 stripped lowers, and a really pissed off wife.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxAlpha View Post
    Unless you have a personal business account with CP and request them to come pick up a package from your home.
    oh what? That would be awesome.
    'nada

Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    oh what? That would be awesome.
    Google CP business solutions, anyone can sign up for free. Plus you can use snap ship to pre pay for everything at home and just print off a shipping label.

All great advice.
    The OP says its a local sale and the buyer will pick it up-------this will eliminate the OP from having to obtain an att to take to the post office.
    NFA and CSSA and CCFR member.
    Did you pick your username or was it court ordered?