Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: CZ Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by kawicrash View Post
    Who's going to be the gunsmith?
    We have our own in house gunsmith Dave who has been with us for approx 4 years. Part of the deal with CZ UB is that CZ UB would have Dave visit then so he could be brought right up to date before we started any new CZ warranty work. Circumstances outside of our control have advanced our "start up" date and now CZ tell us they they can not look after Dave until late Feb, all in all we are going to be of to a slow start, which was not intended.

We also have to order spare parts, all major parts require a Czech export Licence, so further delays. We are also expected to purchase (pay in advance) for all the spare parts we keep in inventory, it will be differcult to know what to order until we have a "history" to work from. We do aim at doing a proffessional job for CZ UB but it will take some time to start up.

We plan on ordering parts at least once a month, a lot will depend on how long it takes to get Czech export licences approved and how long it takes CZ UB to ship.

We plan on doing our best and keep the whole process as transparent as possible.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 01-07-2018 at 08:48 PM.

CGN Regular
    The warranty saga is the one and only reason I've stayed away from CZ. This may change things.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The whole process, including the time to get the export licence, takes 3-6 months from order to reception. I'm not sure how ordering once a month will work.

Good luck my friend!

CZ guns are easy to work with. As long as parts are available most experienced gun owner can put them together.
    Wolverine have done a great job to keep major parts available to gun owners.
    Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for all our latest shooting videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/infomax2008

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    The whole process, including the time to get the export licence, takes 3-6 months from order to reception. I'm not sure how ordering once a month will work.

Good luck my friend!
    I am not looking to pick a fight but your statement is BS! . Substantiate this with facts or I will delete your posts as they help no one, it is time to think positively.

A lot of parts like springs, pins, stocks, magazines, sights, grips etc do not require an export licence. They can be shipped by courier. Major firearm parts including, but not limited to, actions, frames slides, barrels and bolts do require an Czech export licence, this can be issued in 4 weeks.

CZ do not manufacture all firearms and parts all the time, if a part is out of stock there will be a longer delay, in these cases we are working with CZ to improve commutation's so everyone is aware of the true situation.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I am not looking to pick a fight but your statement is BS! . Substantiate this with facts or I will delete your posts as they help no one, it is time to think positively.

A lot of parts like springs, pins, stocks, magazines, sights, grips etc do not require an export licence. They can be shipped by courier. Major firearm parts including, but not limited to, actions, frames slides, barrels and bolts do require an Czech export licence, this can be issued in 4 weeks.

CZ do not manufacture all firearms and parts all the time, if a part is out of stock there will be a longer delay, in these cases we are working with CZ to improve commutation's so everyone is aware of the true situation.
    Comes right from a former warranty center. Did they say that because they were the one who dropped the ball and were using CZUB/czech govt as a scapegoat? It's possible, and that was my first thought at the time, but then there was a different warranty centers and people reported 6-12 months wait, and the new warranty center was blaming the same CZUB/czech govt for long delivery time. And both also said stocking thousands of dollars in parts for warranty work was a problem given that they had to pre-pay for these parts, with no insurance that they would ever be used, or when. It's understandably an undesirable situation for any business to have to pre-pay for parts for warranty work, but for some smaller ones, it's not just undesirable, it's financially impossible.

Then a 3rd different retailer who imports parts from czech republic, but not from CZUB, told me they had problems with the export licence, that it was taking forever. I was trying to get some parts for a shadow1, and it took multiple months between the first "we've placed and order" to finally getting the part. This was early-mid 2017, not a century ago. So either everyone is dropping the ball and blaming someone else, or some paper pusher in Czech republic is taking his sweet time. Occam's razor says #2, but maybe you have a better channel to import parts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm positive you'll do better than any previous CZ warranty center. As the owner of multiple CZ firearms, I'm happy to see you're the new warranty center. Even the worst case scenario is an improvement compared to the current situation. I think for you it's gonna be a headache, but for us (CZ owners), it's only positive.

CGN Regular
    You have to recognize that we are a relatively small market in Canada and be patient for some delays. I ordered a Lone Wolf barrel in Sept (through another Canadian vendor) and I still don't have it yet. And that's from the country next door to us!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkw View Post
    You have to recognize that we are a relatively small market in Canada and be patient for some delays. I ordered a Lone Wolf barrel in Sept (through another Canadian vendor) and I still don't have it yet. And that's from the country next door to us!
    You hit the point.
    Being a smaller market, maybe even insignificant market, with the current level of support, I am happy.
    Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for all our latest shooting videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/infomax2008

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Comes right from a former warranty center.
    I'm guessing you mean us ?

Indeed, we did have a very hard time getting things from CZUB / Czech Rep. In our case the blame could be evenly split between the two I think. The Czech Government took months to issue the export permits and it has gotten worse since we were the Warranty Center. It got to the point where we would get only two warranty shipments a year from them. Today we still deal with many different Czech companies and it is decidedly painful at best. I think there are a few things we would do differently in hindsight.

As for CZUB as a company they are good at communication (usually) but seldom have the varied range of little bits and bobs in stock to fulfill entire warranty parts orders. This means that if we ordered 60 parts we would only get say 47 and the rest would be back ordered with no ETA on timeline. Shotgun parts being the worst by far. There was almost never stock of anything and when we did get parts they all needed major hand fitting to get working correctly.

Paying for parts up front is also a major sticking point. Imagine if you will, how many individual components make up the entire CZ line up of firearms from the last 3 years (guns within the warranty period) ? Every spring, every detent, every different stock type, every different height of each different sight, all of the limited editions and special run gun...it's mind bottling. It is simply impossible to have one of everything on hand and pay for it from your own pocket just to sit on a shelf in case you need it someday.

I applaud Wolverine for taking this job on. It will be a thankless task that will eat their time and make them little money. It will however help many of you get your firearms back to the range for action. Do not be hasty to criticize because without them you would be stranded with a non-functioning gun.

Thank you Mr. Wolverine, I for one am very thankful you are doing this.

Leigh
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    I'm guessing you mean us ?

Indeed, we did have a very hard time getting things from CZUB / Czech Rep. In our case the blame could be evenly split between the two I think. The Czech Government took months to issue the export permits and it has gotten worse since we were the Warranty Center. It got to the point where we would get only two warranty shipments a year from them. Today we still deal with many different Czech companies and it is decidedly painful at best. I think there are a few things we would do differently in hindsight.

As for CZUB as a company they are good at communication (usually) but seldom have the varied range of little bits and bobs in stock to fulfill entire warranty parts orders. This means that if we ordered 60 parts we would only get say 47 and the rest would be back ordered with no ETA on timeline. Shotgun parts being the worst by far. There was almost never stock of anything and when we did get parts they all needed major hand fitting to get working correctly.

Paying for parts up front is also a major sticking point. Imagine if you will, how many individual components make up the entire CZ line up of firearms from the last 3 years (guns within the warranty period) ? Every spring, every detent, every different stock type, every different height of each different sight, all of the limited editions and special run gun...it's mind bottling. It is simply impossible to have one of everything on hand and pay for it from your own pocket just to sit on a shelf in case you need it someday.

I applaud Wolverine for taking this job on. It will be a thankless task that will eat their time and make them little money. It will however help many of you get your firearms back to the range for action. Do not be hasty to criticize because without them you would be stranded with a non-functioning gun.

Thank you Mr. Wolverine, I for one am very thankful you are doing this.

Leigh
    There was you and others. All the stories line up. In the end I managed to get what I needed from an outfit in Estonia. I understand that our market is small, but compared to Estonia? Most people could locate Estonia on a map without googling. But Estonia can export whatever they want it seems, and the only restrictions are our import regulations.

I agree keeping every parts in inventory is impossible. It would tie up tens of thousands of dollars in capital without any certainty that the parts will go anywhere. It's not reasonnable to ask that the warranty center shoulders that burden. Heck, even car dealerships don't really keep that many parts in inventory even though their lots and showrooms are worth milions.

Anyway, I didn't mean to be negative. Just wishing the wolverine peoples the best of luck.