Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Take advantage of the strong Canadian dollar 1.24

1864 was the time for cross border shopping. Cdn. dollar @ 2.78 US. That's where we need to be.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oddball_ted View Post
    November 2007 one dollar CAD cost an American a 1.07$
    That's what I would like to see again. Those were the days.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo911_ View Post
    there is no spread, currency conversion rates are in fact inverse (plus fees and whatever rate you can actually get from your financial institution).
    The ratios above are just rounded.
    1/1.24= 0.8064 USD to buy 1 CAD
    1/.8064=1.2400 CAD to buy 1 USD
    There has to be a spread - otherwise no one would make the market.

Quote Originally Posted by questionnaire View Post
    I consider 90cents to the dollar strong. The exchange rate is still pretty bad
    Agreed! There is NOTHING strong about the exchange right now...

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    Was about to order a pistol; however price has gone up $100 as the slightly better exchange rate doesn't help. I should have bought last month.

Quote Originally Posted by vancouverbc View Post
    Do you trade currency? In reality, there is in fact a spread. I traded equities for 15 years. But we digress....
    Not a lot, just a few hundred grand a year us/cad in forward contracts for purchasing over the border to eliminate fx risk..
    Of course there's a spread on the bid and ask for actual converting, and that spread changes depending on what you have available to you (interbank vs atm vs cc vs going to a kiosk/bank).

I'm strictly talking in layman's terms about doing a simple conversion, there's no spread/anything else to calculate, where people in this thread don't understand how to get from 1.24 to 0.81 (inverse), or people who don't understand if we're at .75 it costs 1.33 for a usd dollar instead of 1.25 (been asked that one by otherwise quite intelligent people). If you can't get from one to the other at two decimal places, you're a far cry from being concerned about basis points.

In simple terms: to convert from one rate to the other it's the inverse, to physically do the transaction there's a spread; it's going to cost you some fees (but it depends on your purchasing power)

there is no spread, currency conversion rates are in fact inverse.
    Of course there's a spread
    Was trading $6 million a day, not that that is relevant. I stand by what I said the first time. Glad you came around to clarify things lol

I just wish they would get a more diverse inventory on the Canadian site. Yes I know I could order from the US site but, waiting up to 45 days is a killer. I've got $700.00 in US dollar Visa cards (Christmas gifts) and there's nothing on the Canadian site I want or need...
    Freedom is never free

If you would like to spend those gift cards on www.irunguns.com please order before the 15th and you will see it the first part of February. I know that can be a bit of a wait but years ago ordering out of stock items from your local dealer took 6 months to a year. Unfortunately due to costs, the ITAR, and export controls we only export once a month.

Have a great weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel355 View Post
    I just wish they would get a more diverse inventory on the Canadian site. Yes I know I could order from the US site but, waiting up to 45 days is a killer. I've got $700.00 in US dollar Visa cards (Christmas gifts) and there's nothing on the Canadian site I want or need...

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    Considering is was 1.30 less than 30 days ago I would consider it pretty good.
    I've purchased all my M1A's off you guys, when it was on par or not. When the exchange goes up, the Canadian retail goes up anyway. Whether the dollar is high or low, IRG is usually 10-15% less on M1A's in my experience. Thanks guys.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast