Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: January 2018 Update - New products for FAMAE, Swiss Arms, MFT LAR Magazines

Expired Business Member

January 2018 Update - New products for FAMAE, Swiss Arms, MFT LAR Magazines

Hey CGNers,

Seems like the last time I checked in was about a year and a half ago so I'll apologize if I haven't attended to threads or private messages on here. I won't be very active on CGN but you can feel free to email me at alex@gsdesigns.ca and I'll do my best to reply within two business days. Things have been a little hectic over here so I haven't been able to make any new products for a while, but I had a productive winter break this year and have some exciting announcements.

1. FAMAE 540/543 AR Magazine Adapter

This project got shelved last year because I was having reliability issues with my test rifle and was unable to get spare parts. However, I've jury-rigged a fix and the adapter seems to be functioning well.

It consists of three parts that hold modified AR magazines in the correct position and orientation to feed FAMAE 540/543 rifles. It essentially functions identically to the AR magazine adapter I make for the Swiss Arms SG550 series.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 2622
Size:  25.6 KB

For those who were interested in beta-testing these back in 2016, I've lost your contact info. I'll be doing a closed beta for a limited number of CGN members to ensure compatibility with more than just my rifle before offering these for sale (will be released well before summer 2018 if everything goes well). Please contact me at alex@gsdesigns.ca if you would like to participate.

2. ACR Folding Stock Adapter for FAMAE Rifles

As the title suggests, these adapters allow you to attach an ACR folding buttstock to any FAMAE rifle (540/543/542/SAF series). They will be 3D printed out of carbon fibre reinforced filament.

The main benefits are the adjustable length of pull and increased comb height of the ACR stock over the standard stock options. This makes it possible to use optics on your rifle that have short eye relief and optics that are mounted high above the iron sights. With the stock folded the charging handle does have full range of motion, so the rifle can fire with the stock folded.

The plan is to sell them as a set with the ACR stock, I'm just waiting on a shipment of them currently. In the meantime, if you happen to have a FAMAE or Swiss Arms (see below) rifle and also already have an ACR folding stock, I'd like to hear from you.

Name:  540 Assembly.jpg
Views: 2625
Size:  36.4 KB

Name:  SAF Assembly.jpg
Views: 2595
Size:  40.4 KB

3. ACR Folding Stock Adapter for Swiss Arms Rifles

Same as above. Send me an email if you happen to have both a rifle and an ACR folding stock and would like to beta test for me.

Name:  550.jpg
Views: 2646
Size:  37.9 KB

4. MFT LAR Magazine Extensions and Couplers

Since the MFT LAR mags have become so popular, I've designed some extensions for them as well. They take the place of the stock baseplate, which reattaches to the bottom of the extension for safe keeping and increased durability.

Currently only available in 20-round length. 30-round length versions will be available soon.

http://shop.gsdesigns.ca/MFT-LAR-Mag...nsions-MFT.htm

Name:  DSC03407 small.jpg
Views: 2605
Size:  31.0 KB
    Last edited by GSdesigns; 01-06-2018 at 12:50 AM.

Very cool stuff!! Do you make extended selectors for the Famae also? If not or where did you get that from?
    "The Horror. The Horror."
    - Apocalypse Now (1979)
    --------------------------
    CCFR & CSSA Member.

Awesome, I think I may wait for the 30 rnd length extensions though

GunNutz
    Could you do a base extension for .308 xcr-m mags?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon. View Post
    Could you do a base extension for .308 xcr-m mags?
    Yup, definitely.

http://shop.gsdesigns.ca/XCR-M-Magaz...-X30-20S-I.htm

Do you still have any of your 550 mag adapters?

Any ETA beyond soon for the 30rnd lengths...?
    And thanks for this!
    Click, Bang.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarheart View Post
    Do you still have any of your 550 mag adapters?
    Yes, they are on the website. http://shop.gsdesigns.ca/AR-Magazine...550-55X-AR.htm

Quote Originally Posted by BadRonin View Post
    Any ETA beyond soon for the 30rnd lengths...?
    And thanks for this!
    By the end of the weekend hopefully.

ACR stock to XCR adapter...just throwing it out there.
    Diversity is social poison.

Quote Originally Posted by GSdesigns View Post
    Yes, they are on the website. http://shop.gsdesigns.ca/AR-Magazine...550-55X-AR.htm

By the end of the weekend hopefully.
    Nice.
    One last question pls... do you think that because of the bit of lip where they join up that there may be some snagging on pouches or does it just look more pronounced in the pics...
    cheers!
    Click, Bang.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast