Page 10 of 103 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: **TYPE 81 7.62x39 Service Rifle** ~IN STOCK -NOW AVAILABLE!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bare View Post
    Skimmed through the thread but I didn’t see a ETA on delivery of rifles. Is there a estimated date of arrival. I would like to order but I don’t want a 1000$ tied up for an extended period of time. Thanks for any help on this subject
    Well I had a nearly 2 year wait for mine and it sucked big time but it did come. I suspect as the rifles expected are already built that if you order now your wait will be much much shorter. You probably would only have to wait for export permits (procedure probably already underway) and shipping to Canada.

I would feel much more confident ordering now. Go for it if you want one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    For you big guys with both - is the fixed stock or the folder nicer to shoot.

I like wood, but the few closeups I've seen show a mediocre fit of buttstock to receiver. I could get over that if the ergos are nicer.

I already figure that LOP is going to be short for me
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pcvando's Avatar
    TI, any chance you can get the Chinese to make 5/10 and 5/20 rounders (tanker) mags for the Type 81? I know they exist from pics sent to me by a friend in the Chinese army.

Just as a reference vs. 30 rounders...

Quote Originally Posted by WAREWOLF View Post
    just ordered a fixed stock. figured as I am not the biggest Chinese gun fan but these are as close to an AK as we will get and seeing how most people are enjoying them so for. thought I would keep an opened mind and try it out.

for the people that have had them for a bit is there anything to keep an eye out for?.
    Stay away... The constant repetitive "ping" of bullets striking steel plates at 300m gets annoying... :P

In reality though the only thing that's concerned me is how hard and high it throws the spent cases.

Quote Originally Posted by pcvando View Post
    TI, any chance you can get the Chinese to make 5/10 and 5/20 rounders (tanker) mags for the Type 81? I know they exist from pics sent to me by a friend in the Chinese army.

Just as a reference vs. 30 rounders...

Yes Please!!!!! These will be much handier for shooting off of a rest and for hunting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    For you big guys with both - is the fixed stock or the folder nicer to shoot.

I like wood, but the few closeups I've seen show a mediocre fit of buttstock to receiver. I could get over that if the ergos are nicer.

I already figure that LOP is going to be short for me
    I think the ergos are nicer on the folder. I like the flat comb of the folder better.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    I would definitely give the T81 better ergos over the vz58 any day of the week.

But I think the fixed has bettet ergs over the folder

The T81 is fast to shoulder and when you do shoulder it, it lines up perfect to my eye
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tobaman45's Avatar
    I'd be in for some short mags to, Ti make it happen

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Claven2 View Post
    Can you have them add spare safeties please? Even if it costs more, many of us want a spare to do the 90 degree mod.
    The paperwork is already in for the year unfortunately. However a 90 degree conversion would make good third party accessory, easy to make as well
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by call2arms View Post
    I think the ergos are nicer on the folder. I like the flat comb of the folder better.
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    I would definitely give the T81 better ergos over the vz58 any day of the week.

But I think the fixed has bettet ergs over the folder

The T81 is fast to shoulder and when you do shoulder it, it lines up perfect to my eye

So in typical CGN fashion the answer is "buy one of each!" lol

Thanks gents
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets