Page 78 of 103 FirstFirst ... 586870717273747576777879808182838485868898 ... LastLast

Thread: **TYPE 81 7.62x39 Service Rifle** ~IN STOCK -NOW AVAILABLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Murray 3-D View Post
    I do like my Type 81 a lot, NO regrets buying it at all! .... BUT that being said, for the same price as a Type 81, you can have a HIGHLY modified SKS which could have a fully adjustable stock with pistol grip, duckbill'ess mags, AK mag release, a threaded muzzle and brake, improved trigger, a scope mount AND a reasonable optic. The gun might not be lighter or better balanced, but it would have better parts support, have no misaligned parts lol and shoot twice as accurate.

To anybody reading this, you should honestly buy BOTH tho, buy an SKS because its an SKS, and everyone should own one..... and buy a Type 81 to really scratch that NR AK look alike itch you might have!
    I think what you meant to say was. The gun IS lighter and better balanced. I've never seen a SKS that had one of those plastic stocks that wasn't front heavy.

I do like my Type 81 a lot, NO regrets buying it at all! .... BUT that being said, for the same price as a Type 81, you can have a HIGHLY modified SKS which could have a fully adjustable stock with pistol grip, duckbill'ess mags, AK mag release, a threaded muzzle and brake, improved trigger, a scope mount AND a reasonable optic. The gun might not be lighter or better balanced, but it would have better parts support, have no misaligned parts lol and shoot twice as accurate.

To anybody reading this, you should honestly buy BOTH tho, buy an SKS because its an SKS, and everyone should own one..... and buy a Type 81 to really scratch that NR AK look alike itch you might have!
    In the words of another gunnie on here, the Type 81 is comparable to an SKS if you consider an AK47 to be the same thing as an SKS, or a mini-14 to be the same as an AR15,or a Savage hunting rifle to be the same thing as a Remington or Weatherby.
    CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    I think what you meant to say was. The gun IS lighter and better balanced. I've never seen a SKS that had one of those plastic stocks that wasn't front heavy.
    haha like most of my sentences, its not worded the best; but it is worded right. The highly modified SKS might not be lighter, or better balanced than the Type 81, But it WILL be better made and twice as accurate.......... is basically what I stated there.

haha like most of my sentences, its not worded the best; but it is worded right. The highly modified SKS might not be lighter, or better balanced than the Type 81, But it WILL be better made and twice as accurate.......... is basically what I stated there.
    Type 81>SKS

There would be no question as to which is better if there was no magazine limit

I've never fired an SKS that was more accurate than a type 81.

T81 folder just showed up.

Was ordered March 5th 2018

Arrived 22 June 2018.

There was no update on my account with Tactical Imports on shipping at all. No Email was sent out either.

Order arrived with all 8 mags. (3 Mags + Sling Pre Order + 5 spare mags)

The Quad Rail was not included. (But I was billed for it!)

Dutchie
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, talk about those that do.

89AA03848 Basic 91AA03998/7T8131 Afghanistan

Anyone install the quad rail? Opinions with/without? Im loving the wood look and not sure if i'll like it with the rail installed. Havent cleaned/shot it yet, been too busy with stuff

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mobusten View Post
    I've never fired an SKS that was more accurate than a type 81.
    Well thats unfortunate..... for you lol