Page 12 of 103 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: **TYPE 81 7.62x39 Service Rifle** ~IN STOCK -NOW AVAILABLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    No its not...lol. CZ is way lighter and better balanced... WTF are you smoking ?
    I don't smoke but I was holding both of them just yesterday. Same barrel length CZ was front heavy in comparison. Try to balance both on the blade of your hand before talking smack.

Not liking a rifle is something i can understand but talking stupidity like this is just abhorrent.

I don't even like the Type 81 all that much but weight distribution and balance has nothing to do with my personal opinion. CZ fanboys are quite something.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SKS45 View Post
    They hid a few just for you
    Shiet i knew it.

Its liek the T81 lottery.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by msnacks View Post
    Actualy i find the type 81 has better weight distribution then my cz. Less recoil and points easier
    Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    I don't smoke but I was holding both of them just yesterday. Same barrel length CZ was front heavy in comparison. Try to balance both on the blade of your hand before talking smack.

Not liking a rifle is something i can understand but talking stupidity like this is just abhorrent.

I don't even like the Type 81 all that much but weight distribution and balance has nothing to do with my personal opinion. CZ fanboys are quite something.
    I'm with dilligaf on this one...CZ 858 is significantly lighter, and less front heavy...I'm holding them both right now...lol...type 81 is probably a pound heavier, and less balanced, for sure...on the 858, the mag, trunnion and muzzle are ALL closer to the pistol grip, making your claim physically impossible...

Maybe the banned edition wood is lighter...

Quote Originally Posted by cranswick View Post
    I'm with dilligaf on this one...CZ 858 is significantly lighter, and less front heavy...I'm holding them both right now...lol...type 81 is probably a pound heavier, and less balanced, for sure...on the 858, the mag, trunnion and muzzle are ALL closer to the pistol grip, making your claim physically impossible...

Maybe the banned edition wood is lighter...

I'm with Dilligaf and Cranswick, I own a CZ858 and a Type 81. In my first hand experience the fit, finish and all around weight is much nicer on the CZ rifle (there is no denying that).

Having said that I am very very happy about my Type 81 purchase and love that they are being imported. I'd have to make up a complaint at this point. The Type 81 really gets in there and scratches a certain "itch" my CZ858 just couldn't quite scratch... if your looking for a new 7.62 shooter to add to the collection this Type 81 is a no brainer!!! Get one!

IMG_3552 by Shawn Douglas, on Flickr

The CZ I was holding had polymer furniture on so it might have been lighter than the beaver barf, I'm not sure.

What I'm sure about is that it nose dove like a champ while the T81 balanced like a ballerina on the blade of my hand.

As far as fit and finish go, without a doubt, CZ is superior. I maintain that Type 81 is a $600-700 rifle but it's value is determined by its supply and limited demand. So it is what is and at this point I think to have a T81 is better than not having an AK. And that CZ is ugly as sin.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    The 858 is definitely lighter and less muzzle heavy, no doubt. I have both and shot them side by side... HOWEVER... I like shooting the T81 much better. The extra overall mass, geometry of the stock in relation to barrel and the weight of the GL attachment at the muzzle results in noticeably less muzzle flip and faster doubles. Cheek weld is also MUCH better on the T81.

I also noted my T81 had no malfunctions in extreme cold, while my 858 had FTE's under the same condition. YMMV.

To be honest, I will be shooting my T81 more often than the 858 - which is sad, as the CZ is definitely better made, but I have a better shooting experience with the stamped Chinese boomstick.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

BANNED
    Here is the actual weight of these rifles with sling and mag.

Vz52/57 10.11 Lbs
    SKS 9.9 Lbs
    Rasheed 9.8 Lbs
    Type 81 9.35 Lbs ( Fixed )
    SKS-D 8.8 Lbs
    Cz858 7.12 Lbs ( side folder )

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    I like shooting the T81 better too...I think

I don't really care about the weight, I'm not taking this rifle on a backpack hunt.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

BANNED
    Our stupid mag rules makes the T81 and 858 not as fun :-(
    Last edited by DILLIGAF; 01-14-2018 at 07:36 PM.

Has anyone looked into machining the magwell to accept STANAG magazines for the serious operators out there who need serious training?