Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Getting any #1's in .22?

Pricing will be the killer for me, I have 10 #1’s last one was about 1600 but the first one I bought was a .458 WM I paid about 400 new

ARCTIC and Clay:
    Count me in as an advocate and future buyer of a .22LR No. 1 rifle.
    I had a 7mm Mag No. 1 and sold it after retiring from hunting. I loved that rifle, and it never failed to bring home the meat. I also sent a challenge to Ruger a couple of years back stating that if the British could build a single-shot rimfire that is still the envy of target shooters (i.e. Martini's), why wasn't Ruger on the bandwagon with a #1 version? I hope that SHOT 2018 brings some hope.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers1138 View Post
    ARCTIC and Clay:
    Count me in as an advocate and future buyer of a .22LR No. 1 rifle.
    I had a 7mm Mag No. 1 and sold it after retiring from hunting. I loved that rifle, and it never failed to bring home the meat. I also sent a challenge to Ruger a couple of years back stating that if the British could build a single-shot rimfire that is still the envy of target shooters (i.e. Martini's), why wasn't Ruger on the bandwagon with a #1 version? I hope that SHOT 2018 brings some hope.
    Right on, Lakers, ....never came home without meat because I used a single-shot! Hell, the Brits made several, ...I've got Alex Henrys, Farquharsons, 1885's, and a pile of #1's, but I NEED a #1 in .22!!! I only pop gophers one at a time so it would be perfect!!! And I'd "feel" more like a "gentleman hunter"!!
    "A stranger is a friend we haven't met!"

:hfu:
    Last edited by Arctic; 01-12-2018 at 02:52 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    Right on, Lakers, ....never came home without meat because I used a single-shot! Hell, the Brits made several, ...I've got Alex Henrys, Farquharsons, 1885's, and a pile of #1's, but I NEED a #1 in .22!!! I only pop gophers one at a time so it would be perfect!!! And I'd "feel" more like a "gentleman hunter"!!
    Give me a *ping* Vasilly... one ping only please!!!

Yes fair chase in the gopher patch... just because
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

I would totally be in for a stainless one. Please somebody make it happen...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer johNTO's Avatar
    I've always wanted a No. 1 .....just because. However, cost has always been a deterrent.
    I'm excited that a .22lr version may be available but like others have already mentioned there are already some very nice looking/shooting singles out there......
    joi gin

I would like one in a 223. But that might be as scarce as a CZ527. in 223. I own a Ruger#1B In 7mil Mag. Everyone wants it. My father is giving me his Ruger#1A in 7X57 Mauser. The one rifle that I will never part with is a Ruger#1. There is just something about them. Nice thread guys. And I do hope they come out with a 22LR.

I would put a deposit on a .22lr No.1...and this is coming from a guy who has never ever bought into, or understood, the fanatical gotta-have-one-immediately mentality that has people paying for guns that they won't see for months, if ever.

Over the past few years I have sold off the bulk of my rifles. When it came time to decide which one of my No.1's to keep, it was a heart-rending experience to decide which one would make the cut and stay with me. Mind you...it never even occurred to me not to keep one!

Never had a chance to put my hands on a #1 but after reading threw this I will put an effort to change that. If it's as nice as everyone says I'll probably end up taking one home.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast