$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jan 11th BCL update

Big Mouth
    If you mean the "zig zag" in the hand guard...yes, its there, and if an aftermarket handguard is flat, there will be a sizeable gap left, like we've seen from other peoples threads

any other specific things i can take pics of or measure? I still feel theres a lot of "fog of war" around this rifle and if i can help lift some of it, i'll gladly help as much as i can. I will admit though this is my first AR type rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by jza View Post
    Is it just me or is that an anti-rotation tab? Not that I’m planning on changing the hand guard, I just thought there were no tabs?!

Attachment 143773

Uber Super GunNutz Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    It's probably been brought up a hundred times, but would the 5.56 version be restricted?

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Liner740 View Post
    If you mean the "zig zag" in the hand guard...yes, its there, and if an aftermarket handguard is flat, there will be a sizeable gap left, like we've seen from other peoples threads

any other specific things i can take pics of or measure? I still feel theres a lot of "fog of war" around this rifle and if i can help lift some of it, i'll gladly help as much as i can. I will admit though this is my first AR type rifle.
    How long is that new muzzle brake? It looks long.
    Sisu - The will of the Finnish people to overcome against impossible odds.

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Liner740 View Post
    Interesting. I was sure SFRC said there was no tab and that aftermarket handguards would fit. Must have dreamt that.

Interesting. I was sure SFRC said there was no tab and that aftermarket handguards would fit. Must have dreamt that.
    Yeah aftermarket handguards will fit, BCL just went out of their way to make that option as undesirable as possible though. In the "gen 2", aftermarket handguards look like crap because of the tabs milled in the receiver, and you recoup no resale value from the BCL handguard because it only fits the BCL. Gen 2 Upgrade!

Perhaps BCL will be releasing a proprietary replacement handguard and barrel nut that that don't weight 2bs that they will bless us with the opportunity to buy in their next 5 month "presale".

Big Mouth
    Quote Originally Posted by HirvGotti View Post
    How long is that new muzzle brake? It looks long.
    Its 64mm from the muzzle crown.

I will 100% be buying a 556.

Cmon a non res under 2k . YES PLEASE

It will become the new yote killin machine

Unless I move out west before it comes out and im not hampered by Ontario cal restrictions.
    Run your bolt. Not your mouth! Only accurate guns are interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by jayhad View Post
    i think this is a perfect opportunity to purchase both
    ^ this ^

Big Mouth
    Is it just me or is that an anti-rotation tab? Not that Iím planning on changing the hand guard, I just thought there were no tabs?!

Attachment 143773
    Why you trolling?

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Mark-II's Avatar
    They said there were no tabs on the receiver.

you must have missed the rational and cool discussion that took place around a topic that was by no means begun with baseless assumption

Edit: came home to find mine waiting for me. Looks good! Thank you for the brake shield, Ryan; you're a gentleman and a scholar.
    Last edited by Mark-II; 01-12-2018 at 10:58 PM.
    SchrŲdinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets