$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jan 11th BCL update

Quote Originally Posted by Wildey View Post
    $4500 in upgrades seems like a lot, but I guess an optic could easily eat up half of that, or even all of it really.
    You are correct, Nightforce 2.5 X 10 NXS Compact was half the investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    Not to offend, but spending $4500 in upgrades before you get the BCL 102, or any other rifle for that matter is a bit risky. Manufacturers can make undocumented changes at any time, and as previously stated, "they are not making rifles to fit after market parts".
    That was my initial thought as well, but then considered the wide ranging costs for optics.

Quote Originally Posted by HirvGotti View Post
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...hlight=bcl+faq

This is where every feature was posted and would have been a valuable resource, however these new rifles appear to differ from the originals so a new faq should be created so people don't get confused.
    Thank you sir. Have noticed the huge difference in the upper receiver belling out to mate rear the rear section of hand guard. Aware that port door rod access will be done by removing hand guard to change out dust cover. Also appears the anti-rotational pins may or may not fit due to protrusion to house the ambi bolt release.

Not to offend, but spending $4500 in upgrades before you get the BCL 102, or any other rifle for that matter is a bit risky. Manufacturers can make undocumented changes at any time, and as previously stated, "they are not making rifles to fit after market parts".
    No offense taken. What parts donít fit will find a home on other AR that I own. Wonít be looking into adjustable gas block, BCG etc. until, firearm/parts in hand.

they are not making rifles to fit after market parts
    1.) That is not a quote from BCL or SFRC.

2.) They in fact are designing the rifle to work with aftermarket parts, however the compatibility seems to change arbitrarily without BCL seeing the need to inform customers.

The "gen 1" was specifically designed to be compatible with a DPMS BCG, DPMS barrel, Armalite handguard, Armalite carbine buffer, generic AR10 charging handles, and Mil-spec triggers + LPK

The "gen 2" removed the compatibility with generic AR10 charging handles. Whether that was intentional or not, will probably never be communicated.
    Last edited by JaredP; 01-13-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Big Mouth
    Honestly the charging handle thing is not a huge deal. 2 min with a file.

HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Mark-II's Avatar
    3 - there were enough pictures of early manufacturing for folks to notice that there were changes to give them time to either back out, or perhap re-evaluate a pre-emptive shopping spree.

And, honestly, folks are whining about fitting a charging handle that the bold have said takes a few swipes of a file? Welcome to the heady and challenging world of amateur gun smithing I guess... Kinda like my brother in law who plays the guitar, but would have to send it out to be tuned first.
    SchrŲdinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

The modification isn't the problem. I agree actually getting the fit is a non-issue.

The issue is the demeanor of this company. That they just don't care about maintaining their product to any standard. It's just "you get what you get". And people are actually defending this.

there were enough pictures of early manufacturing for folks to notice that there were changes to give them time to either back out, or perhap re-evaluate a pre-emptive shopping spree.
    Do you agree that BCL went beyond the "minor improvements" quoted by Ryan in the receiver tabs, and the charging handle issue? These are NOT improvements, and were never communicated to the customer prior to receipt of the rifles.

Big Mouth
    Im a AR n00b, I only own one and its stock. If you were to buy a FDE or ODG 102 rifle and then aftermarket FDE or ODG accessories will the colors match?

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBaconPancakes View Post
    Im a AR n00b, I only own one and its stock. If you were to buy a FDE or ODG 102 rifle and then aftermarket FDE or ODG accessories will the colors match?
    chances are slim....i have one of the ODG/Black rifles with aftermarket furniture....so i have 3 slightly different shades of ODG....the stock lower cerakote, magpul ODG, and FAB Defence ODG...all of which are ever so slightly different
    machinist, we do precision quess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge