Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Athlon Cronus Tactical ED Spotting Scope... Taking orders now

Supporting Dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by vancouverbc View Post
    First, what do you mean by best
    You win the prize.....

Athlon is working with existing manf and often, common platforms but upgrading this and that to keep things current with the market. AND offering them at pricing below the competition.

Super long eye relief... that is something ALL optics companies need to adapt to. From eye glasses to digiscoping, longer helps.

ED glass (yes, the proof will be in the pudding)... over used, over played for sure but if anything like the glass in the Cronus scope, it will be better then the Bushnell. And be right there with alot of far more expensive products. The Cronus scope is right there with scopes costing $1k more.

FFP and a reticle that matches their higher end scopes. In a layout that is easy and intuitive to use without cluttering up the view. I think this is the single smartest feature in this spotter. Obviously, Athlon wants you to use their rifle scopes and if you did, things would sync up nicely.

If you haven't done so, click on the link to the reticle... it is nice.

Then they add a simple and very intelligent subtension range finder. How often does this happen? I found a Leupold with a mildot reticle.. USO used to but didn't see on their site.

Bushnell obviously has the cousin to this optic but I am not a fan of their reticle. Not sure how the pricing compares????

If the glass is like the scope, it will be a very competitive product. Remember all brands can spec the internals how they want.

Will there be more products announced at SHOT?? So we shall see how things work out.. but it is refreshing to see a company think about the spectrum of products and work to complement all.

"Best" ... that will be determined by the consumer

Jerry

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

Quote Originally Posted by kthomas View Post
    Looks exactly like the Bushnell spotting scopes, same housing. Hopefully it's a lot better.

Saw these at Shot. Keep hoping....... 'cause this one isn't.

Supporting Dealer
    Coming Mid Aug

Jerry

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12