Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Athlon Cronus Tactical ED Spotting Scope... Taking orders now

Supporting Dealer

Athlon Cronus Tactical ED Spotting Scope... Taking orders now

We have a delivery timing of mid Aug for these Spotters. I am offering them at $1495 with free postage. They come with ED glass and a wonderful reticle which matches the other Athlon scopes (and of course any 0.2mil spaced reticle). Should be a great spotter for field shooting.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

I almost never look at the "back" of a catalog for spotting scopes and binos... but I am sure glad I flipped those pages on the Athlon 2018 catalog

Name:  CronusTacticalED-74260-Grey-01.jpg
Views: 1630
Size:  41.2 KB

Introducing the Athlon Cronus Tactical 7-42X60 spotter. Never before have I been this excited about a spotter for Field Shooting. A relatively compact set up with a straight variable eyepiece with some very exciting features.

Name:  CronusTacticalED-74260-Grey-04-180x180.jpg
Views: 1628
Size:  3.8 KB

Name:  CronusTacticalED-74260-Tan-03.jpg
Views: 1631
Size:  33.6 KB

It allows for a pic rail to be mounted... WHY?

Name:  CronusTacticalED-74260-Tan-01-180x180.jpg
Views: 1627
Size:  4.5 KB

So you can Co Witness a laser rangefinder

ATHLON CRONUS TACTICAL RETICLE

[Sorry, the file type is not opening clearly so using a link instead]

And YES, it comes in FFP with a totally current thinking MRAD reticle which MATCHES the other Athlon reticles. Shooter and Spotter will see the same reticle on target. I did some searching on other options available to Civilians... Leupold has a few options with MILDOT reticles... ummm, maybe not.

Add to that subtension ranging that covers a huge range of possible dimensions, all with "Soviet" simplicity... WOW

ATHLON CRONUS TACTICAL USERS MANUAL

Read this,... understand.... be impressed

ATHLON CRONUS TACTICAL SPECS

The most user friendly feature is the EYE RELIEF.... at 30mm it is HUGE!!!! I run a Kowa spotter with LER eyepiece and at 25'ish mm, it is so easy to use when shooting. The vast majority of variable spotters have eye relief in the 15 to 19mm range which is hell when you wear glasses. If the eye relief on this Cronus is accurate, you will be able to use it with eye glasses, and even goggles.

No more lifting sunglasses to look through your spotter... You know you've been there.

Cronus uses the highest grade of lense Athlon offers so this spotter will be graced with ED glass for sure. Many have raved about how well the Ares spotters compare to the Vortex Razors and other spotters. The Cronus ED lenses are even better. I can't wait to get my hands on this for my own shooting needs. If this performs like the Cronus BTR scope, this spotter will challenge some of the best glass in spotters this side of $3000

All new 2018 products have a target market supply of the Summer. My SWAG on pricing would put this spotter in the mid teens.

FANTASTIC.....

Jerry
    Last edited by Mystic Precision; 07-12-2018 at 06:33 PM.

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer canucklehead's Avatar
    They are nice. I tried the Cronus with angled eyepiece last month, and was impressed. Much more compact than many of the other options. The rail can be used to mount red dot too... which helps getting a quick eye on the target.

Supporting Dealer
    Lots and lots of useful features on the spotter.

And great glass...

Jerry

BANNED
    Looks exactly like the Bushnell spotting scopes, same housing. Hopefully it's a lot better.

BANNED
    And to suggest that Athlon is producing the best spotting scope of 2018 is laughable. They don't produce the best of anything. They are budget optics and it shows.

Could potentially be a decent budget spotting scope, but verdict is still out on that.

Supporting Dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by kthomas View Post
    And to suggest that Athlon is producing the best spotting scope of 2018 is laughable. They don't produce the best of anything. They are budget optics and it shows.

Could potentially be a decent budget spotting scope, but verdict is still out on that.
    Glad you have strong opinions .... the market place will be the final say..

Jerry

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Precision View Post
    Glad you have strong opinions .... the market place will be the final say..

Jerry
    I hope you are right, if you are, I'll pick one up! I need a spotter. If it beats out the Swaro's while being half the price, that would be quite incredible!

You are by far the most optimistic person I have seen on this spotter. I myself have my reservations since it's coming from Athlon, but I really do hope you are right. In this case, I certainly stand to gain if you are right.

Any idea on pricing...? MSRP seems to be $1200... ETA?

First, what do you mean by best

Supporting Dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by aakoksal View Post
    Any idea on pricing...? MSRP seems to be $1200... ETA?
    Nothing firm until after SHOT... I am ball parking high teens given how current pricing works out compared to US MSRP.

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast