Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remington to End its Production in Ilion, New York

Lightbulb Remington to End its Production in Ilion, New York

It’s a shame to see them close up shop in Ilion NY after all these years but it looks like the frivolous litigation against them took its toll. NY being an anti firearms state didn’t help either…

Any word on the resumption of manufacturing in the new RemArms plant in Georgia, specifically the 7600 Carbine in 30-06?
    The most asinine quote in Canadian history;
    A “fringe minority” in truckers convoy with “unacceptable views” “don’t represent Canadians”

CGN Regular
    Doesn't surprise me I heard business regulations in NY state have become so egregiously bureaucratic that company's have been leaving in droves over the last decade.

And I don't mean just gun companies.

This is a shame. Glad to pick up a marine Tac-14 recently.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    New England is hollowing itself out, and traditional industries don't need to tolerate this kind of nonsense.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Minimum wage in Georgia is $7.25. It'll be $16/hr in New York on Jan 1 2024.

Georgia also has lower corporate taxes. I bet this move is just a cost cutting measure to increase pay to the C-suite and shareholders by screwing over their workers.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Minimum wage in Georgia is $7.25. It'll be $16/hr in New York on Jan 1 2024.

Georgia also has lower corporate taxes. I bet this move is just a cost cutting measure to increase pay to the C-suite and shareholders by screwing over their workers.
    You think workers in the Remington plant make minimum wage? ... That would explain explain a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck65 View Post
    You think workers in the Remington plant make minimum wage? ... That would explain explain a lot.
    No. I don't. But I betcha the ones in Georgia make less than the ones in NY. Minimum wage doesn't only impact the people making minimum wage. (Blows my mind how many people don't realize minimum wage has an impact on a lot more than just those making minimum wage...)

https://www.ziprecruiter.com/c/Remin...7c419f8a79f9ba

https://www.timesunion.com/business/...x-15850311.php

A quick Google suggests they pay $18 an hour starting in Georgia, vs $22.62 in NYC. That's over $8k a year in difference based on a 40 hour week. Even after factoring the differences in state tax rates you're looking at over $3/hr less in Georgia.
    Last edited by Suther; 12-02-2023 at 04:57 PM.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Regular
    I mean if you look at Glass door for remarms, the lowest reported starting pay across all their locations and positions is ~$17/h or $35k/yr

No reports for Georgia but it does include their facility in Huntsville AL where minimum wage is $7.25/h or $15k/yr

The New York plant was also unionized. Can't seem to find anything about whether the Georgia plant is unionized or not, but that could very well be a factor too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast