Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Looking to start reloading.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLYBYU44's Avatar
    I have the Lee classic set, I really like it, and it was cheap, has everything you need and best of all, it has nice, clear instructions. I also have a copy of the Reloaders Bible. No specific recipes but good instruction and very indepth look at reloading.
    I like guns....

I was looking at the Lee classic turret press myself. Check out x-reload they are out of the Ottawa region

1. Grab a single stage press to start, Lee Classic Cast is what I'll recommend here.
    2. Invest in the best scale you can afford if going the digital route.
    3. Get yourself at least three reloading manuals.
    4. Read "The ABCs of Reloading." Its an older book, but truly a must read. A fellow CGN'r sent me a copy for free when I started reloading, I read it cover to cover three times, then I passed it on to another new reloader.
    5. If you are unsure about a step/procedure/method, ASK! There are some incredibly knowledgeable folks on this forum who will help you. Don't be swayed by the odd idiot who bitches because the question has been asked before, etc. The knowledge base on here is astounding and most are extremely helpful.
    6. Take your time and pay attention to detail... every detail.
    7. Leave the beers/scotch/etc until the reloading session is done. I love drinking beer, but not at the risk of messing something up and blowing my face off...

There is so much more to say/suggest, but I won't go on all night. Read, learn, ask and do it!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_1982's Avatar
    Budget Shooter Supply has the best prices around, always check there before purchasing elsewhere!

It really is amazing how many things you learn as you go... I bought two reloading manuals and consult both before doing anything. It does become a separate hobby on its own!
    CSSA and CCFR member

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234