Voters
1553. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Hortons Coffee

261 16.81%
  • McDonalds Coffee

726 46.75%
  • Don't touch the stuff

190 12.23%
  • Starbucks ( Wizard-Hipster-Jazz-Hands )

112 7.21%
  • I Make it at home. ( Folgers Ect.. )

264 17.00%
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Timmy Hoes or Mickey D's?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by sail32 View Post
    Tim Horton's and frozen donuts and now a big row over employee working conditions.

Apparently in order to make more money, Tim Hortron's stopped local production of donuts and ships them frozen to the stores.
    To make more money they had to do that, just look at Krispy Kreme, arguably the best donuts ever! Remember the small department stores like small kmarts the met etc, had their own donut machines, plain, sugared and cinnamon sugar! You could watch your donuts going around the fryer and walk out with a dozen hot donuts, damn that was good! It ain't rocket science, they are just that greedy! Timmies owns Wendy's now too and their food has gone downhill, especially the chilli!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    To make more money they had to do that, just look at Krispy Kreme, arguably the best donuts ever! Remember the small department stores like small kmarts the met etc, had their own donut machines, plain, sugared and cinnamon sugar! You could watch your donuts going around the fryer and walk out with a dozen hot donuts, damn that was good! It ain't rocket science, they are just that greedy! Timmies owns Wendy's now too and their food has gone downhill, especially the chilli!
    Other way around. Wendy's owns Timmy's although it is actually a Brazilian company that owns both.

I found Krispy Kreme plain glazed donuts were good straight from the oven but after a while they were no better than the generic Entemans. Their other fancy donuts were also not as good. That all said at least their donuts were made in house and not pulled out of a box and reheated

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Well no matter who took over who, their food now sucks donkey balls! Just nuke the Krispy donut for 8 seconds, melts the grease and they are great, melt in yer mouth! Having said that, tho old cake style made right in front of you at the Met beat them all!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

McAfe

Nabob

TIMS

Wont drink Folgers, Maxwell House or other big box stores sh*t coffee.

Starbucks, Kicking Horse are good too.

The proper names are Horny Tim's and Rotten Ronnie's. HT's gives me gut rot. RR's doesn't seem to.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brocolt's Avatar
    I use both & Robins as well. But the best coffee I ever had was at King Corona in Ybor City. Tampa Bay FL. Hand down, I have never had better coffee then at this place.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I don't mind robins, we only have one or two in the area, the best coffees I can remember were 1. In an outdoor, let's call it quaint, restaurant in Thailand on Ko Lanta, chickens running around you feet, awesome coffee, couldn't get enough! The second one I remember was the lord beaverbrook Hotel restaurant in Fredericton about 20 years ago, I asked the waitress what it was and she said nabob! I guess it is the way it's made too!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Well no matter who took over who, their food now sucks donkey balls! Just nuke the Krispy donut for 8 seconds, melts the grease and they are great, melt in yer mouth! Having said that, tho old cake style made right in front of you at the Met beat them all!
    Best donuts I have had is in Winnipeg at The Forks which is located where the Red River meets the Assiniboine, there was a small place that makes minidonuts covered in sugar and cinnamon. Odds are there is a ton of places that make them all over (I mean they are just donuts) but it shows how much better handmade is. My first job was working in a supermarket bakery and I saw the transition from frozen dough you proof to just pulling it out of a box and baking. I can still tell the difference, it is subtle as there are tricks they do to make it seem like it went through a proofer before being baked but its there.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    The duty tech privates who run Wal Mart Folgers through the canteen coffee machine every morning put out a better cup of coffee than either of them lol And it only costs $.050 a cup!
    But if I had to choose on a road trip, I'd take MacDonalds by a mile.
    With minimum wage increases creeping a size medium up to a twoonie, I'm just about to quit buying the junk either way. I already avoid it. That's my absurdity limit; $2 for a medium coffee and I'm out.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    $2.40 for med and a muffin
    $2.60 for large and a muffin
    At rotten ronnies And yeah I'm hooked Went from a small black to a large DD and muffin of course