Voters
1553. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Hortons Coffee

261 16.81%
  • McDonalds Coffee

726 46.75%
  • Don't touch the stuff

190 12.23%
  • Starbucks ( Wizard-Hipster-Jazz-Hands )

112 7.21%
  • I Make it at home. ( Folgers Ect.. )

264 17.00%
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8182021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Timmy Hoes or Mickey D's?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by incorrigible View Post
    1. McDonalds aquired Tim Hortons supplier contract when it opened up its aggressive McCafe campaign in Canada, quite the coup at the time. Hortons now does their coffee in house and it shows

2. Hortons doesn't sell coffee but a "coffee drink" which Consumer reports/testing indicate has gone from about 2/3 coffee to about 1/2 coffee... how else do you improve operating margins?

3. Hortons hasn't been a Canadian company for years... currently Brazillian owned.

... Tim Hortons hasn't been good coffee for over 10 years... just as has happened so many times before and since a successful Canadian brand was sold to foreign interests who changed the what made the company successful to cut costs and maximize profits, shareholder value and their own bonuses... (different "coffee" recipe, donuts no longer made in house but made off site, frozen and shipped to the stores, crappy sub-deli level food)... too bad.
    Do you have a link to #2? I would like to keep that for the Timmy's fanboys on another website

I prefer McDonalds coffee over timmies any day of the week. I find Tims coffee a little bitter with a bit of an acidic note to it.
    While McDons has a richer taste with a better body and finish. I normally brew it at home my favorite right now being Jumping bean from Newfoundland.
    “Don’t sell your guns, they just turn into money and disappear.”
    - An actual quote from my loving wife -

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Sorry to wake this thread up but Macdonalds has, $1 coffee on again this month,,, any size, free refills at least at my macs and you still get the stickers for free coffee!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nomad 68's Avatar
    NS,Alberta and sometimes, points in between
    Wow, I can't believe Tim Hortons ' has 218 votes. Must be the only option in those voter's locales. That gut rot has been terrible for a long time.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by rikkards View Post
    Do you have a link to #2? I would like to keep that for the Timmy's fanboys on another website
    still looking for a link

BANNED

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad 68 View Post
    Wow, I can't believe Tim Hortons ' has 218 votes. Must be the only option in those voter's locales. That gut rot has been terrible for a long time.
    That is the thing, all we have here is Tim Hortons in Virden.... or A&W coffee, and I aint touching that stuff..
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nomad 68's Avatar
    NS,Alberta and sometimes, points in between
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    That is the thing, all we have here is Tim Hortons in Virden.... or A&W coffee, and I aint touching that stuff..
    Ouch, I see your conundrum. A choice between sheep or goat p!ss.

Parts-Unknown (yes same town where all the wrestlers come from)
    If you are drinking your coffee black Tim Hortons is barely coffee. Although their dark roast is barely acceptable. I think TH is for the heavy cream, heavy sugar (dessert) coffee drinker.
    McDonald is considerably better. I do prefer Starbucks as they have different flavors each day. When drinking coffee black, you can really distinguish different tastes among brands.
    You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the Fxck on! Tupac Shakur

This thread always triggers my craving. I recently quit smoking and coffee has sort of taken it's place as my vice. Lately I've been enjoying Folgers, I'm no coffee connoisseur but it tastes good to me. I think I will go brew a pot while I await this big announcement of the day.
    Sisu - The will of the Finnish people to overcome against impossible odds.