Timmy Hoes or Mickey D's?

Which do you prefer?

• Tim Hortons Coffee

Votes: 261 16.8%
  • McDonalds Coffee

Votes: 726 46.7%
  • Don't touch the stuff

Votes: 190 12.2%
  • Starbucks ( Wizard-Hipster-Jazz-Hands )

Votes: 112 7.2%
  • I Make it at home. ( Folgers Ect.. )

Votes: 264 17.0%

• Total voters
mcdonalds is way better. whats really disappointing is A&W. they have the best of the fast food breakfasts and some of the vilest coffee i have ever tasted

McDonald's is miles ahead of Tim Hortons in terms of their coffee.

This is also coming from from a guy who uses a french press/chemex brewer daily so honestly neither are the best...
980x.gif

This guy is on point..
However if need be, mcslobs all the way.

Mcdonalds has better coffee and more consistent in its ratio of cream and sugar.

Better breakfast too

^great point. My go-to/drive-through breakfast on early drives (fishing/shooting/hunting) is a large black coffee, 2 bacon and egg McMuffins with no cheese on them. Tasty...and the regret level is very low. :)

Beans from Starbucks brewed at home. The wife's a manager there so with a pound of beans for free every week it's tough to beat when it's an endless free supply.

Now for the poll, on the road I'd take McD over Tim's but often depends on the guys in the work truck.

But if it's anything other them plain coffee a java chip from Starbucks is my choice.

Think it depends on the location.

Some McDonalds locations serve coffee that gives me mild heartburn.

When I have a choice I always choose Second Cup

The location does seem to make a difference, most places are excellent, but the McDonalds near my home and another location in Thunder Bay always seem to have a lousy tasting brew. I think its either the staff are not doing something correctly, or they don't clean the equipment often enough.

Usually make my own...but on the road it's McD's. Timmey's is too weak, Starbucks is too burned/bitter (and expensive). And when dollar days come around for McD's its just a steal (not to mention the coffee cards so the 8th is free...well +$0.20 as I get a large :))

I prefer McDonalds - however, since they cut down on Tim Hortins benefits to their employees because of the increase in the minimum wage I have not purchased anything from them since. It may not matter to Corporate but for me I am making a point

But here in little old Virden Manitoba all we have is a Tim Horton's for my morning coffee fix. We don't have a Mcdonalds here so I do not drink their coffee, and have not been able to compare and put together an opinion of my own on the subject.

Ahhh...but Virden does have an A&W. And I would say A&W coffee is still better than Timmies! (As sad as that is to say...)

I would even venture to say that coffee at the Esso (The new White Owl) tastes better than Timmy Ho's.

Back
Top Bottom