Voters
1553. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Hortons Coffee

261 16.81%
  • McDonalds Coffee

726 46.75%
  • Don't touch the stuff

190 12.23%
  • Starbucks ( Wizard-Hipster-Jazz-Hands )

112 7.21%
  • I Make it at home. ( Folgers Ect.. )

264 17.00%
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Timmy Hoes or Mickey D's?

CGN Regular
    Tim's stopped being good coffee a decade or more ago.

My ranking is: Second Cup (Canadian!!!) > McDonalds > Starbucks > Tim's

Steeped tea at timmies. McDonald's coffee is trending down in my opinion and Tim Hortons coffee isn't palatable.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    McDonald's is far superior if you ask me. I almost can't drink Tim Horton's anymore~just seems overly acidic. I drink my coffee black, and McDonald's is just better in my opinion...and usually more fresh. That's for take-out/on the road coffees.

As for what I drink every day...President's Choice "Canadian" Blend...
    https://www.presidentschoice.ca/en_C...ffee16736.html

2-1/2 table spoons with a liberal dash of ground cinnamon + boiling water run through one of these with a #4 paper coffee filter

https://www.melitta.ca/en/Product-wo...708,73905.html (under $10 from Walmart)

To me, the best coffee you can easily get...and I have 3 Timmies, a Starbuck's and a Second Cup all within a 3 minute drive from my house. lol

EDIT~the best "take out" coffee IS from Second Cup, called their "San Agustin". I think it's a premium coffee, so they never have it on deck. They will brew you 1 cup if you ask though. I do that about 3X a year...but am going through a McD's drive through for coffee at least once a week.

Think it depends on the location.

Some McDonalds locations serve coffee that gives me mild heartburn.

When I have a choice I always choose Second Cup

We buy the McDonalds K-cup pods from costco and find it actually tastes like the real product! The Tim Hortons K-cup pods dont come close in taste.
    First pick, Mcdonalds! I just hate going there lol

CGN Regular
    Yup Rotten Ronnie's used to be terrible but a few years ago they really stepped up their coffee game.

However for a simple way to brew your own superior coffee, order up a conical burr coffee grinder (need to spend some money there). Also get a simple pour- over coffee maker (its just a filter that sits over your mug), and some quality beans.

Grind beans, throw into filter, pour boiled water over, and in less time than the timmies line takes you have a great cup.

Don't use an electric drip coffee maker, the water temperature does not get up into the correct range, which is absolutely crucial in brewing good coffee.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I will be the first to admit that Timmies ain't what it used to be, but after working at Rotten Ronnies for three years as a kid, I just can't bring myself to drink their coffee.
    1944 - 18 year old men stormed the beaches of Normandy into almost certain death.
    2021 - 18 year old boys need a safe space because words hurt their feelings.
    2022 - 18 year old boys aren't sure what bathroom to use.

I drink coffee every day... McDonalds surpassed Timmies like a decade ago. I like my coffee one sugar and one milk... nothing seems more disgusting than when someone gets a coffee with 3 creams and 3 sugars.

Most of my coffee is made at home, simple brewed coffee, usually Presidents Choice, nothing fancy, but wouldn't use Folgers.

CGN Regular
    I drink Lavazza Red at home in a french press. Espresso ground coffee only takes half as many grounds. A) buying coffee out is wasted money imho, B) i can't even function to leave the house to get coffee w/o first having coffee! C) Like reloading, doing it yourself produces a better product at a lower cost. 1 coffee a weekday out costs more than insurance on my motorcycle; i can't "make" insurance at home.
    As far as McD' s vs. TH? I despise TH. They prey on nationalism, which is fine except that they are a freakin' Brazilian company, so their profits leave the country, and they are solely profit driven, as attested to by their disgruntled franchisees who feel they are getting ripped off. Quality of baked goods is questionable as well.
    And the whole getting rid of paid breaks to be able to pay the new minimum wage? JJ Bean in Vancouver voluntarily raised their wages to match Toronto wages.
    Like Coors light, Timmy Hos has to rely on advertising and image, never mentioning the quality of their product.

Mcdonalds has better coffee and more consistent in its ratio of cream and sugar.

Better breakfast too