Timmy Hoes or Mickey D's?

Which do you prefer?

• Tim Hortons Coffee

Votes: 261 16.8%
  • McDonalds Coffee

Votes: 726 46.7%
  • Don't touch the stuff

Votes: 190 12.2%
  • Starbucks ( Wizard-Hipster-Jazz-Hands )

Votes: 112 7.2%
  • I Make it at home. ( Folgers Ect.. )

Votes: 264 17.0%

• Total voters
Ahhh...but Virden does have an A&W. And I would say A&W coffee is still better than Timmies! (As sad as that is to say...)

I would even venture to say that coffee at the Esso (The new White Owl) tastes better than Timmy Ho's.

A&W has pretty damn good coffee. And you can park a big rig at the one in Virden. Mind the potholes though. They're huge.

Not sure you have them...but not that long ago, the "Petro Canada" gas stations sold a brand of coffee called "Neighbors" I think. Used to grab one every week when I got gas. McD's still had dirty dishwater for coffee back then so I can't compare now...but it was FAR FAR better than Timmies.

Mcdonalds by a long shot. Tim Hoes , in their never ending quest to offer the least quality has sunk to the bottom quicker than a lead anchor. It is not just the coffee, but the donuts and sandwiches are now just gross. 20 years ago, I would have literally bytchslapped you if you had said anything negative about Tims........but they have just chipped away the quality of everything and rested on their laurels. They knew they had the loyalty of most and abused it. I now hate their products. Sad reality that money trumps everything these days. No more pride in the products they schlepp.

I drink Starbucks "house blend" K cups at home if I'm in a hurry....french press if I'm not.

Buying out I'd say Starbucks, McD's in that order.....timmies only if there really isn't another choice. I find their coffee taste bitter and a little burnt to me.

Often there is a small local outlet or chain that is better than any of those choices. Java Moose here in SJ

Not sure you have them...but not that long ago, the "Petro Canada" gas stations sold a brand of coffee called "Neighbors" I think. Used to grab one every week when I got gas. McD's still had dirty dishwater for coffee back then so I can't compare now...but it was FAR FAR better than Timmies.

Funny you should say that....one of the best cups of coffee I've ever had in a "grab a quick cup place" was some kind of Vermont Green Mountain blend in a Mobil gas stop in southern Maine.

McDonalds has superior cup technology. Built in insulation and a lid that doesn’t dribble every time you take a sip..

I don't mind Timmy's dark roast. Mcdirt's coffee is semi-ok, their cups/lids are far superior to anything else out there though. I prefer the coffee I make myself, but beggars can't be choosers sometimes.

They won't put booze in it when I buy coffee from anywhere. Jerks.

I drank a ton of Timmies coffee while in college but now make it at home via drip or AeroPress. AeroPress and fresh ground quality coffee makes a fantastic cup....these are my favorites:

Ground-
Nabob Espresso
Nabob Bold Midnight Eclipse

Whole bean-
Arrowhead Original
Arrowhead Cleared Hot

McDonalds is taking the lead!!!!!!!!

twdT3ek.gif

I'm no coffee aficionado, but I think McD's coffee is better than Tim's. Though I prefer to make my own, cost is cheaper and my coffee maker turns on before I wake up.

I don't mind Timmy's dark roast. Mcdirt's coffee is semi-ok, their cups/lids are far superior to anything else out there though. I prefer the coffee I make myself, but beggars can't be choosers sometimes.

They won't put booze in it when I buy coffee from anywhere. Jerks.
That's why you need one of these..

nve5m00xk4X_oUaij66dqRRWcKl29jO5-_lRYfSd-EczJgewDuS1dhunBjvU4ejes5ikOpMyl562-9AFmERMwGOdp62SlcjJyH1hQsyKlIVgnz0JfL8F6p7LqkRKBoXWNb9pqsYpSA

Tim Hortons tastes like it was bladder filtered. McDonald's all the way for me. McDonald's is rumoured to be launching stand alone McCafe coffee shops to go head to head with Hortons. If that comes to fruition , I dare say Horton's will suffer greatly where ever they share the same market.

Back
Top Bottom