Voters
1553. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Hortons Coffee

261 16.81%
  • McDonalds Coffee

726 46.75%
  • Don't touch the stuff

190 12.23%
  • Starbucks ( Wizard-Hipster-Jazz-Hands )

112 7.21%
  • I Make it at home. ( Folgers Ect.. )

264 17.00%
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Timmy Hoes or Mickey D's?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TDizzle View Post
    Ahhh...but Virden does have an A&W. And I would say A&W coffee is still better than Timmies! (As sad as that is to say...)

I would even venture to say that coffee at the Esso (The new White Owl) tastes better than Timmy Ho's.
    A&W has pretty damn good coffee. And you can park a big rig at the one in Virden. Mind the potholes though. They're huge.

I'm not a coffee drinker but apparently Circle K/Irving Big Stops have great coffee

Quote Originally Posted by gwes2003 View Post
    McDonald's coffee is what timmies coffee used to be. Timmies changed somewhat and now it sucks! As a plus McDonald's does dollar coffees once in a while and ever 7 coffee is free if you keep those stickers on the cups
    I like collecting those stickers have three more before my freebie

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Not sure you have them...but not that long ago, the "Petro Canada" gas stations sold a brand of coffee called "Neighbors" I think. Used to grab one every week when I got gas. McD's still had dirty dishwater for coffee back then so I can't compare now...but it was FAR FAR better than Timmies.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sgt.rock's Avatar
    Mcdonalds by a long shot. Tim Hoes , in their never ending quest to offer the least quality has sunk to the bottom quicker than a lead anchor. It is not just the coffee, but the donuts and sandwiches are now just gross. 20 years ago, I would have literally bytchslapped you if you had said anything negative about Tims........but they have just chipped away the quality of everything and rested on their laurels. They knew they had the loyalty of most and abused it. I now hate their products. Sad reality that money trumps everything these days. No more pride in the products they schlepp.
    My Grandfather always said " Kid...............if you meet more than one arsehole in a day, chances are you are the arsehole. "

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    I drink Starbucks "house blend" K cups at home if I'm in a hurry....french press if I'm not.

Buying out I'd say Starbucks, McD's in that order.....timmies only if there really isn't another choice. I find their coffee taste bitter and a little burnt to me.

Often there is a small local outlet or chain that is better than any of those choices. Java Moose here in SJ
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .22LRGUY View Post
    Not sure you have them...but not that long ago, the "Petro Canada" gas stations sold a brand of coffee called "Neighbors" I think. Used to grab one every week when I got gas. McD's still had dirty dishwater for coffee back then so I can't compare now...but it was FAR FAR better than Timmies.
    Funny you should say that....one of the best cups of coffee I've ever had in a "grab a quick cup place" was some kind of Vermont Green Mountain blend in a Mobil gas stop in southern Maine.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

Ronald McDonald makes better coffee than Timmy does, but force of habit and number of locations makes me visit Timmy's more often. I'll try to change. Honest.

McDonalds has superior cup technology. Built in insulation and a lid that doesn’t dribble every time you take a sip..

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rictus View Post
    McDonalds has superior cup technology. Built in insulation and a lid that doesn’t dribble every time you take a sip..
    Seconded based on the lid design alone.