Voters
1553. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Hortons Coffee

261 16.81%
  • McDonalds Coffee

726 46.75%
  • Don't touch the stuff

190 12.23%
  • Starbucks ( Wizard-Hipster-Jazz-Hands )

112 7.21%
  • I Make it at home. ( Folgers Ect.. )

264 17.00%
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617181920212223242527 ... LastLast

Thread: Timmy Hoes or Mickey D's?

Used to own a Second Cup (nightmare - whole other story). McD’s beat all brands on blind taste tests for daily regular brewed coffee, hands down. They also own their own plantations (along with every valuable streetcorner in North America). Sbux pike Place usually second. There’s a reason Tim’s promotes the ‘double double’ tag line - ya don’t want to drink the swill black! But when you have a long drive, anything will do...
    CCFR member - join and support ! DONATE
    SPFGA

I don't drink coffee very often but did get into it when I was testing. Basically I was bought a cup of tims before I could wake up and decline so eff it, 2 hr drive to site might as well. It was good and I had a cup every day for a while. Then the changeup happened and their coffee went from good to boiling piss water with stale instant coffee partially mixed in. Tried McD's coffee and it was great. I don't always drink coffee but when I do, I prefer McDonald's.
    WTB full semiautomatic assault rifles, double barrel extended magazine clips, 30 magazine clips (half second or better), shoulder things that go up and high power ammo that can go through walls.

Quote Originally Posted by baldabe View Post
    Don't know whether it's true or not, but I was told that since last year both Timmies and McD's has changed suppliers of their ground coffee and now McD's have Timmies old supplier.
    That’s the rumour I heard as well... I used to love Tim’s, but it’s not my taste anymore. Neither is their “food”

make our own camp coffee.
    What's the matter with you..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator747 View Post
    I have been told by people along the way and have seen it on the net in places, the reason why we like McD's coffee so much is it is actually Tims old coffee brew. Tims now roasts and brews their own coffee,
    I never liked Tims coffee! I was in Australia in 2001 and the McDonald there were testing the mc cafe, that is where I tasted their coffee first, was great!
    Edit, oh yea, forgot to mention, for those that don't know, you get a discount for being older than dirt at McDonald's and free refills, yes, which is great for me cause I like coffee hot black and wet,so I order a small and just refill when needed!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kayser Sose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Komodo View Post
    Have always supported Tim's but I am not happy with the way the big corporation that took them over is behaving. Prices are rising the quality of product is deteriorating. I remember the old apple fritters made fresh . Now everything is shipped to the store frozen . For the price of a coffee at Tim's I can get a coffee and muffin at McD's and McD's has free newspapers to read.
    Hell yeah, this^^

think ill be investigating McDs coffee... never thought of them for that! But i have noticed TH donuts reaching a higher factor ofsuck, and the shipping half-cooked seems unseemly to me.
    bullets, powder, primers, and case lots of CCI Blazer

Calgary, AB - Home of the Southern Alberta Defence Force (SADF)
    Nespresso. The bolder the better IMHO. That said, McDonalds before Timmies if buying. Starbucks is shyte.
    "Let the shoosting begin!!!" - Goldmember - Circa 2002

I don't drink coffee. Hate the stuff.

Steeped tea at Tim Hortons is absolutely delicious. I look forward to an extra large with two sugar as often as I can get it.

My piss after drinking McDons coffee probably tastes better than Tim Hortons coffee straight off the press. Starbucks is also junk. Cafe Motivo 2nd to Dons. My home brew cheap drip 3rd. Expensive drip 1st.

But I'm cheap so I like to brew my own coffee. MJB or whatever the blue can house coffee is. Not because it tastes better, but because Im cheap and can brew a whole pot for 1/5th the price. Except for that one time, I bought $4/100 gram grounds and damn that was a good cup of coffee.

home brew using french press with single origin in a starbuck mug and just black. MCD has better coffee black than Tim.