Voters
1553. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tim Hortons Coffee

261 16.81%
  • McDonalds Coffee

726 46.75%
  • Don't touch the stuff

190 12.23%
  • Starbucks ( Wizard-Hipster-Jazz-Hands )

112 7.21%
  • I Make it at home. ( Folgers Ect.. )

264 17.00%
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 717192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Timmy Hoes or Mickey D's?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pocisk View Post
    Yup I remember the good old days when you could get a peek into the back when someone went through the door, and catch a glimpse of the baker covered in flour, making donuts. The youth today don't know what they should be demanding as far as food quality is concerned.
    I remember that, it was a midnight shift job, and those bakers actually got paid not too bad for a retail industry job. Around here I remember that not all stores had baking kitchens, and the ones that did would bake for a couple other stores and deliver them.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    $2.40 for med and a muffin
    $2.60 for large and a muffin
    At rotten ronnies And yeah I'm hooked Went from a small black to a large DD and muffin of course
    Remember, free refills!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Is that only if your in the store, or can you go through the drive through?^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    So I continually get told, and I quote, "McDonalds is miles ahead of Tim Hortons when it comes to good coffee.". But here in little old Virden Manitoba all we have is a Tim Horton's for my morning coffee fix. We don't have a Mcdonalds here so I do not drink their coffee, and have not been able to compare and put together an opinion of my own on the subject. So I ask you oh knowledgeable folks of our little ol' firearms community, Timmy Hoe Hoe's or Mickey D's??

Let me know!!! Also I like my coffee with a touch of sugar, nothing else. Or Black, sugar is not critical when it comes down to it. As long as there aint no milk/cream/latte/cappa-hipster-frothy-jazz-hands involved.

No sugar or cream , Just a Tim's Extra Large, With either honey. That you can get there. Or Maple syrup. That I have in my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1b View Post
    No sugar or cream , Just a Tim's Extra Large, With either honey. That you can get there. Or Maple syrup. That I have in my truck.
    Can't get much more canadian then carrying maple syrup in your truck
    Go read that shlock to a soldier or a fireman or a football player or a bloody barber Theyll all knock your "this" right down your throat while sippin a beer and eating chicken wings.Then wipe their wee fingers on your pretty little pouch"

BANNED
    http://www.bialetti.com/coffee/stove...kudo4jj7daq3r1

I got one of those for my birthday, makes great coffee, just time consuming.

CGN frequent flyer incorrigible's Avatar
    1. McDonalds aquired Tim Hortons supplier contract when it opened up its aggressive McCafe campaign in Canada, quite the coup at the time. Hortons now does their coffee in house and it shows

2. Hortons doesn't sell coffee but a "coffee drink" which Consumer reports/testing indicate has gone from about 2/3 coffee to about 1/2 coffee... how else do you improve operating margins?

3. Hortons hasn't been a Canadian company for years... currently Brazillian owned.

... Tim Hortons hasn't been good coffee for over 10 years... just as has happened so many times before and since a successful Canadian brand was sold to foreign interests who changed the what made the company successful to cut costs and maximize profits, shareholder value and their own bonuses... (different "coffee" recipe, donuts no longer made in house but made off site, frozen and shipped to the stores, crappy sub-deli level food)... too bad.
    Aequitas Veritas... Sanguis Coimhéad Fearg Fhear Na Foighde
    Proelium Comminus Auctoritate لحم الخنزير المقدد هو رائع! Illegitimi Non Carborundum

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Magellann View Post
    Is that only if your in the store, or can you go through the drive through?^^^
    Not sure, never used drive through, too cheap to burn the gas!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by incorrigible View Post
    1. McDonalds aquired Tim Hortons supplier contract when it opened up its aggressive McCafe campaign in Canada, quite the coup at the time. Hortons now does their coffee in house and it shows

2. Hortons doesn't sell coffee but a "coffee drink" which Consumer reports/testing indicate has gone from about 2/3 coffee to about 1/2 coffee... how else do you improve operating margins?

3. Hortons hasn't been a Canadian company for years... currently Brazillian owned.

... Tim Hortons hasn't been good coffee for over 10 years... just as has happened so many times before and since a successful Canadian brand was sold to foreign interests who changed the what made the company successful to cut costs and maximize profits, shareholder value and their own bonuses... (different "coffee" recipe, donuts no longer made in house but made off site, frozen and shipped to the stores, crappy sub-deli level food)... too bad.
    Gross, guess I'll get up a bit earlier and make coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by skoal View Post
    Can't get much more canadian then carrying maple syrup in your truck
    I have a big lock box in the back of the truck. Full of food and cooking Pots and pans. For when I head for the cabin.