Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Good News for Quebec Residents

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King0265 View Post
    But it’s not law, it’s just interpretation?
    Thats the problem here, everyone makes up their own rules.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Donrozon View Post
    Good news
    Maybe...

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    If I got in trouble for having 50 Beowulf Magazines, would you guys cover that?

I see mention of prohibited weapons in the details, but I don't see anything about devices the RCMP have deemed prohibited devices but were once perfectly legal to buy and use?
    The program is designed to protect those gun owners who follow the firearms act and get charged regardless. If you’re following the proper laws with regards to the Beowulf magazine and you’re prosecuted with charges that aren’t in line with the act then that’s what the policy is designed to protect against.
    Last edited by Capri Insurance; 01-24-2018 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Incorrect Statement with regards to magazine capacity limit

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Thats the way I see it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Capri Insurance View Post
    The program is designed to protect those gun owners who follow the firearms act and get charged regardless. If you’re following the proper laws with regards to the Beowulf magazine and you’re prosecuted with charges that aren’t in line with the act then that’s what the policy is designed to protect against. If you’re caught with 6 rounds of .223 in your Beowulf then you can expect the policy wouldn’t respond as that’s against the law.
    So far, the Firearm Act doesnt make a BEO magazine prohibited, unless 2018 Criminal Code considers the Firearms Lab's opinion law...
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

Last edited by LeadMonkey; 01-12-2020 at 07:43 AM.

CGN frequent flyer BadLieutenant's Avatar
    That's going south........

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    Please state the precise 'law' which it is against... btw I suspect due to your ignorant statement above you will have a significant reduction in policy renewals next year... because there is no such LEGAL prohibition for "6 rounds of .223 in your Beowulf [magazine]."

In fact, I have a policy with you, among others, however if I were charged with ANY offence solely as a result of putting 6 rounds of .223 in my Beowulf magazines you can be certain I would be suing you for my legal expenses once the charges were dropped and/or acquitted by due process. Why? Because there IS NO SUCH LAW.

I would expect you back yup your statement with very specific references as to how you came to this conclusion, failing this you will not only be loosing my business but potentially 1,000's of additional policies.
    You would have to speak directly to the legal team of the underwriter of the policy Capri sells for those answers.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DT741 View Post
    So far, the Firearm Act doesnt make a BEO magazine prohibited, unless 2018 Criminal Code considers the Firearms Lab's opinion law...
    The frt table is currently used as law in regards to firearm classifications, it has yet to be successfully challenged in court and had a classification changed by the courts. Until such time that it is, the crown will continue to use it as such
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ed Smurf's Avatar
    Just curious...does following the law mean the firearms have to be registered in Quebec as of Jan 29 2018 or is there a grace period.....?
    No wood......No good

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast