Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: IRUNGUNS New Canadian platform launches tomorrow

CGN Regular
    I think there should be a law that says a Canadian website should maintain Canadian currency prices.

CGN frequent flyer BadLieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkw View Post
    I think there should be a law that says a Canadian website should maintain Canadian currency prices.
    I think there are enough laws ��

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ruger007's Avatar
    I don't see the issue with paying in USD. MasterCard and Visa both have a online calculators. Shows you pretty much exact cost. I just would like to pay it all up front rather than paying twice for the shipping.
    You meet the nicest people on a Honda!

I don't want to sound too negative, so thank you. Simply changing the landing page to navigation would be better, the site is a little sow and cross hair loading is very annoying.

To everyone else, I understand complaints about USD, but guys, holy chit give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    Well, I'm glad that irunguns.ca exist. Less flashy is better, sorry, I don't like the new site, but it is a big improvement in some ways over the last.

Navigating results still does not go back to top of page and requires manual scrolling in listings or search results. Description formatting on items is still bad.
    Last edited by xdmer; 01-20-2018 at 01:30 AM.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Trying the website now. Slow. Very slow. Perhaps it’s the pictures loading(?)

When searching, can only flip page to Page at bottom (perhaps have pages on top top)

Overall, if I’m browsing, I prefer Speed vs detailed pics. Detailed/high red pics, only if I click on the picture to really examine.

2 cents.

May someone clarify importation fees by IRUNGUNS if buying from other retailer in US or Gunbrokers auction site. Somewhere on a old website Ive read $250.00 per gun? Is it still the case? Outside of currency conversion and credit card fees what are the charges is it Firearms price + US shipping ($25) + 5% Tax + Canadian Shipping ($30) + Importation fee ($25 or $250 or both). Cause I am looking at STI's which IRUNGUN don carry unfortunately and it is hell of a deal buying them at GUNBROKERS depending on a Import fees of course.
    Last edited by thebarge; 01-20-2018 at 09:36 PM.

Yeah i think thats about right ^
    250 plus shipping costs

Paid CA$200 2 months ago, plus $25 shipping from US to Canada, plus $142 shipping to my house (insurance included) plus 5% GST (AB)

Quote Originally Posted by Anomaly View Post
    Exactly, you can even use google for the conversion. 500 USD to CAD and google will convert it at the average rate. Takes 5 seconds
    May work for 50% of the potential customers but not all as you can see by the comments. Take Amazon for example, they have made purchasing ridiculously simple to appease 100% of the customers. I have read so many negative comments from potential purchasers that it would be in IRG's best interest to address their process!
    Member of the CCFR

In a perfect world we would not need guns.....this is not a perfect world

I tried out the Canadian site. I put a mag in the cart and clicked through to see what the ordering process looks like and how the costs work out. I had to make an account to continue on, so I stopped. Many of my favorite online retailers allow me to check out as a guest. Sure it would be easy for me to convert the currency, and figure out what it will cost me to get the items to my door, but why bother?

It is much easier on the other retailers' sites I frequent. Almost daily I browse my favorite retailers' sites to keep up with market prices and to check on the items on my shopping list. I visit five or six sites, and this takes time. It's a compentative market out there. Make it quick and easy to browse your wares, and understand the price of the items.