Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Impact! Training and Preparing for PR Matches...NEW 2018 Book

Business Member

Smile Impact! Training and Preparing for PR Matches...NEW 2018 Book

Book Report time. For some of you who don’t believe I was a Professional Edumakator for 30 years, I am now gonna sound like a Teacher....

Here is a picture of my draft copy....do I need to tell you why I have a draft ??

It’s because the UBC Facutly of Ed program directors tortured me with Literature, Prose, Short Story, and Poetry courses even if I was a Science Major. For that, I am eternally grateful. And I have a few red pens around the desk. LOL

So here goes the report!!

A new book to prepare for PR and PRS contests has been published and is up for sale at Amazon dot com (yeah we are aware that dot com and dot ca are 2 different beasts)

I am officially adopting this book as a reading textbook for my PR courses because we have never had a book available for beginners and intermediate shooters alike. If I could write a book of all my PR course compilations , this one would be the one.... Rodney’s writing style mirrors my teaching style and approach. He is extremely informative and light hearted at the same time. Rodney quotes from several sources and experts. These quotes allow you the budding competitive shooter to explore other sources in order to advance your knowledge base.

For those of you wishing to springboard into the PRS world , this book is exactly what the Tactical Teacher ordered. You will not be disappointed and better yet, by having a resource like Impact! on your bookshelf you too can counsel new shooters and appear to be the expert. What’s not to like? Time to help others and pay it forward.

Oh yeah here’s a synopsis:

Are you looking to get started in long range or precision shooting?

Impact! is an entry/intermediate level guide to preparing yourself and your equipment to compete in precision rifle type matches or just become familiar with long range or precision shooting. Topics covered include:

-Setting up your rifle
    -Understanding ballistics and how to collect, record, and use ballistic data
    -Techniques for using holdovers, reloading, clearing malfunctions, shooting off of barricades, and more
    -Effects of wind and other variables such as air density
    -How to improve your wind calls
    -Tips for live fire and dry fire practice
    -Preparing yourself and your equipment for a match
    -Mental strategies and techniques
    -Rifle, optic, and equipment selection

Everything is clearly explained in simple language and illustrated with numerous photographs.

Also included is an extensive glossary of terms used in precision shooting and a list of additional resources you can use to further pursue your precision shooting knowledge.

At the back of the book you will find several pages where you can record data about your rifle, scope, and ammunition as well as wind observations and holdovers, plus a handy list of unit conversions.

Here are the details so that you can order your own copy:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/19769...KIKX0DER&psc=1

I love this book so much I sent a copy to CANSOFCOM in Garrison Petawawa through Callsign22 for their perusal since a few of their tasked LR shooters wanna get in on the fun.

You all knew as a former edumakator I would be encouraging you guys to read....well we are here. A book for
    LR shooters....

Cheers.

Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 01-20-2018 at 12:01 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Thanks Barney, got a book in coming in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    Book Report time. For some of you who don’t believe I was a Professional Edumakator for 30 years, I am now gonna sound like a Teacher....

Here is a picture of my draft copy....do I need to tell you why I have a draft version?

So here goes the report!!

A new book to prepare for PR and PRS contests has been published and is up for sale at Amazon dot com (yeah we are aware that dot com and dot ca are 2 different beasts)

I am officially adopting this book as a reading textbook for my PR courses because we have never had a book available for beginners and intermediate shooters alike. If I could write a book of all my PR course compilations , this one would be the one.... Rodney’s writing style mirrors my teaching style and approach. He is extremely informative and light hearted at the same time. Rodney quotes from several sources and experts. These quotes allow you the budding competitive shooter to explore other sources in order to advance your knowledge base.

For those of you wishing to springboard into the PRS world , this book is exactly what the Tactical Teacher ordered. You will not be disappointed and better yet, by having a resource like Impact! on your bookshelf you too can counsel new shooters and appear to be the expert. What’s not to like? Time to help others and pay it forward.

Here are the details so that you can order your own copy:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/19769...KIKX0DER&psc=1

I love this book so much I sent a copy to CANSOFCOM in Garrison Petawawa through Callsign22 for their perusal since a few of their tasked LR shooters wanna get in on the fun.

You all knew as a former edumakator I would be encouraging you guys to read....well we are here. A book for
    LR shooters....

Cheers.

Barney
    Ordered, thank you

Calgary, AB - Home of the Southern Alberta Defence Force (SADF)
    $23.47 CAD shipped to my door in YYC, AB...thanks Barney!!!
    "Let the shoosting begin!!!" - Goldmember - Circa 2002

Roll it out as an audio book that I can listen to on those long drives to Connaught or Petawawa and you've probably got something!
    Good - Fast - Cheap:
    You can only pick two

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper26 View Post
    Roll it out as an audio book that I can listen to on those long drives to Connaught or Petawawa and you've probably got something!
    What? You need something to take with you to the pooper. There are even pages for your notes and deviations to write down especially if you need to memorize your deviations for shooting suppressed or shooting with different NV filters or levels of illumination.... I’m just kidding you realize but there exist several empty pages since this book is meant to be a workbook.

After all we do take notes don’t we?

A dull pencil trumps even the sharpest mind.....

Cheers, Barney

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooster View Post
    $23.47 CAD shipped to my door in YYC, AB...thanks Barney!!!
    I think you will find that is USD... nevertheless, I ordered one as well :>)
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

Ordered, thanks Barney

I probably should have chimed in sooner but it will be available on the Canadian (.ca) version of that retailers website in 3 to 5 days. Shipping should be a bit less then.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    I probably should have chimed in sooner but it will be available on the Canadian (.ca) version of that retailers website in 3 to 5 days. Shipping should be a bit less then.
    sheet....I have amazon prime. Ah well.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast