Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: HEXMAG 10 round 30 round body... Prohibited Please read....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty.357 View Post
    Suther and Paul_1982, you are wrong. Just stating facts.
    How so? Care to elaborate?

The only facts I see are that the RCMP Lab told IRG these mags must be pinned to 5, and there is a Canadian company selling unpinned ones. The fact a Canadian company is selling them is not proof of them being legal.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_1982's Avatar
    Suther and Paul_1982, you are wrong. Just stating facts.
    Lol ok. Thanks for adding to the conversation. Didnt read the law or the case law I posted? Or do you live in another country amd are lost?
    CSSA and CCFR member

CGN Regular
    Foxalpha and craignconner you are both wrong.

I went through this entire thread and only one person mentioned this. If it wasn't for this, the ruling could be correct.

The 10/22 mags were purposely built for a rifle. Rcmp banned them claiming the new pistol that came out. (These mags are also pinned 25)

Now there is a pistol AR out. To which we are owed 10 round mags under the law yet still get railroaded.

The rcmp are having it both ways. Not surprisingly considering the amount of power givin to people whome we seen struggle to maintain a 60% average in school. As usual, sickening. What next,, bankers making rules so they can't lose and can have it both ways? Whoops, bad example, ugh democracy!!
    Can't have it both ways. Either no pinned 10/30 AR and 10/25 Ruger 10/22 mags or pinned 10/30 AR and 10/25 10/22mags. There are Butler creek 10/25 mags available, maybe those are illegal and I'm outing another mag under the radar. I read that the rcmp have said pinned 25 round butler creek mags are ok from another source, Im guessing they are correct? They are available in a few shops pinned.

Can't have it both ways. Either no pinned 10/30 AR and 10/25 Ruger 10/22 mags or pinned 10/30 AR and 10/25 10/22mags. There are Butler creek 10/25 mags available, maybe those are illegal and I'm outing another mag under the radar. I read that the rcmp have said pinned 25 round butler creek mags are ok from another source, Im guessing they are correct? They are available in a few shops pinned.
    I am talking about Hexmags and Lar 15 pistols. I havent looked into Ruger 1022 mags and have not mentioned them. I dont understand what you are saying?

EDIT:

Heres the RCMP decision on 10/22 mags http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/n...-07-27-eng.htm

They are pinned to 10 because rimfire rifles have no limits, but rimfire pistols must be pinned to 10. No Butler Creek mags should be pinned to 5... is that what you were suggesting?
    CSSA and CCFR member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    What does a rimfire that shares magazines with a pistol have to do with this being determined to be a centerfire rifle magazine?

The RCMP didn't prohib them, they are saying they aren't pistol mags.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Regular
    They both run on the exact same principle. There is a clear double standard of what makes a magazine in compliance with the law. The butler creek magazines don't even have "charger pistol" written on them. Yet it's fine to just pin those mags to 10.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    IRUNGUNS - You may wish to contact Barton's Big Country directly, there was a 10 page Facebook post on this upon their release on November 9th 2017, with claims the retailer was directly involved with the importation of these magazines as 100% legal.

As I purchased legally in good faith based of the statements of this legitimate licensed Canadian business, should I be charged with any prohibited items offence, Barton's Big Country will certainly be sued by myself for all my legal bills.
    Did the words PISTOL CARBINE not jump out and grab you by the nose?

They both run on the exact same principle. There is a clear double standard of what makes a magazine in compliance with the law. The butler creek magazines don't even have "charger pistol" written on them. Yet it's fine to just pin those mags to 10.
    You are missing the point. Those mags should not even need to be pinned. Its not "fine to just pin them to 10", the RCMP force you to because they can be used in a pistol. They should be unpinned. Not the same concept.
    CSSA and CCFR member

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    You are missing the point. Those mags should not even need to be pinned. Its not "fine to just pin them to 10", the RCMP force you to because they can be used in a pistol. They should be unpinned. Not the same concept.
    I'm missing the point? Pistol, pistol carbine they are both the same under the law, are they not? Maybe I am missing something there, are they specifically separated by name? I though it was just pistol or rifle, pistol carbine was lumped into pistol.

Rimfire Rifle- unlimited
    Pistol-10
    Centerfield Rifle - 5
    Carbine pistol?

Either way, you are saying the RCMP are wrong in the 10/22 case, but not in this one and we are supposed to believe everything they say anyway?

They have to be wrong somewhere is what I'm saying. If it's with the 10/22 then fine, if its the AR like now, fine, they can't have it both ways.

Paul_1982 is 110% correct.

We don't require a bulletin, what we do require is learning to read and comprehend the laws under which we operate.

Admittedly, doing so is not for everyone. In that case, you'd do well to defer to those who do understand it.