Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11131415161718192021222324252627282931 ... LastLast

Thread: HEXMAG 10 round 30 round body... Prohibited Please read....

Last edited by LeadMonkey; 01-12-2020 at 07:28 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tactical870's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    What pistol commonly abailable in Canada are these designed or manufactured for? The Canadian packaging indicates M4, AR15 and M16- all rifles.
    Just as many pistols as the LAR pistol mags fit. Nothing says you have to own a pistol to own a mag for one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLS London View Post
    I joined CGN for the gun knowledge.
    I STAY on CGN for the T870 conquests.

Quote Originally Posted by tactical870 View Post
    There's a ton of wrong info in here. A pistol carbine is a pistol. These mags were purpose built by Hexmag for Bartons. They are a different mold and this specific body is NOT used for any rifle magazine which is built by Hexmag. I asked a lot of questions back when they talked about importing them, and am satisfied that they are legal as per the law. Never mind the fact that RCMP initially approved them. I am sure Barton's has more to lose here than anyone. Lets not crucify them. I don't recall any of you wanting to sue anyone when the 858 and Swiss Arms got prohibed.
    It would behoove you to take a closer look.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuckbuster's Avatar
    Not far enough north of Premier Orville Reddenbacher
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    What pistol commonly abailable in Canada are these designed or manufactured for? The Canadian packaging indicates M4, AR15 and M16- all rifles.
    Been doing more reading than anything in this thread, and, your question has raised an issue in my mind...a kind of related issue, I guess.

You mention the catch phrase "commonly available in Canada". And, my understanding is that it is used as the standard as to whether an item in question is considered legitimate by our overlords. If so, in my mind then, that begs the question of the S&W M&P15-22 mags.

The factory 25 round magazines were deemed to be pistol magazines because S&W developed a short lived pistol version of the rifle south of the border; as far as I know, the pistols were never commonly available here. And, in reality, I've never even heard of any being available for sale here. However, that did not stop the RCMP from declaring the mags to be prohibited on the grounds of being pistol magazines, and in need of destruction or proof of pinning; lest people like myself receive an unwanted visit from local law enforcement (that was the hostile tone of the letter I received).

The point being that the RCMP decision on the Smith was obviously not based on the standard of "commonly available" in Canada. If they want to use that standard now, on a magazine that some claim (and I don't claim to have irrefutable proof of any kind) is a from the ground up pistol magazine, then the Mounties want it both ways. If what some claim is true, then they are having their cake and eating it too, and, the law really is an ass not worthy of respect. Oh, yes, it will be obeyed because of the big stick it carries, but it will have lost all respect. People will follow it, not because they believe it is just, but because they fear it. And if so, what a country we have become.

ETA: "People will follow it, not because they believe it is just, but because they fear it." Huh!
    In reality, I guess that sums up the obeisance of the Firearms Act as a whole!
    Last edited by Chuckbuster; 01-23-2018 at 03:03 PM.
    Look to your front! Mark your target when it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by jd1965 View Post
    It would behoove you to take a closer look.
    What should I look at? A bunch of people here wanting to lynch a reputable retailer because the RCMP can't get their $hit together?

Barton's is currently showing these mags as out of stock:

h ttps://www.bartonsbigcountry.ca/hexmag-10-round-pistol-carbine-magazine-blk.html
    FJT

Quote Originally Posted by tactical870 View Post
    What should I look at? A bunch of people here wanting to lynch a reputable retailer because the RCMP can't get their $hit together?
    You're either ignoring reality, or you don't understand it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Bartons latest FB post on the matter 2 hrs. ago.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by jd1965 View Post
    You're either ignoring reality, or you don't understand it.
    Actually I've been around the block with firearms law long enough to understand quite well.

Chuckbuster,

It is the position of Bill ETTER that "if anyone with a credit card and a courier account can access a product anywhere on the planet, then it is "commonly available".

To that I replied, "then I'm ordering 10-rd pistol mags for the Vz-58 pistol, from Zahal".

"Oh, that's different. That's an exemption."

"Why's that, Bill?"

"It just is."