Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91921222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: HEXMAG 10 round 30 round body... Prohibited Please read....

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    What exactly are you expecting for an update?

I think its pretty clear 'they' are coming for ALL magazines over 5 rounds.

I believe the RCMP have reverted to a tactic we have not seen before (as far as I am aware) by instructing the CBSA to outright REFUSE import permits for all 10 round (or 5/10 .50 Beowulf) magazines, which will effectively dry up the supply considering none are manufactured domestically.

There is proof of this in many threads, some examples:

Nordic Marksman has advised O'Dell Engineering states their import permits for all future MTF 10 round LAR15 mags has been denied.

Questar is sold out of .556 LAR 15 magazines, their best selling magazine (the ones who got a definitive decision from the RCMP lab on the matter) with nothing on the horizon, very likely they too were denied an import permit.

Zahal was refused their import permits after having successfully designed their LAR 15 Pistol magazines on the factory floor for the LAR 15 Pistol and imported at least one batch into Canada

IRUNGUNS was recently denied their import permit of the infamous HEXMAG 10 round Pistol Carbine magazines

Barton's Big Country claims to have received approval from both the RCMP and the CBSA (this remains to be proven) on their specially designed HEXMAG 10 round Pistol Carbine magazines after importing more than one 3,000 magazine batch into the country in the last 3 months, they have recently been denied an import permit on their latest batch.

There may be more, but I think you can see they have changed tactics, now in addition to forcing very questionable and completely arbitrary 'interpretation' decisions down our throat, many of which would not stand up to the first legal challenge, they are now going to dry up all new supply by shutting down the border to new importations.

Now many questions remain, are any of these mags safe from the RCMP attack on our existing legal personal property?

Are they going to go further and next refuse import permits for all magazine bodies over 5 rounds, pinned or not, leaving us with no options for an AR15 (for example no new 5/10, 5/20, 5/30, 5/40 magazines coming into the country)

Are we going to see new California style gunpocalypse legalisation introduced calling for FIXED magazines or detachable magazines that will not release without separating the upper/lower receiver of an AR15?
    I suspect you are right at least regarding the no new pinned magazines and to be honest was surprised that wasn't included in the govt's latest announcement.

I believe the RCMP have reverted to a tactic we have not seen before (as far as I am aware) by instructing the CBSA to outright REFUSE import permits for all 10 round (or 5/10 .50 Beowulf) magazines, which will effectively dry up the supply considering none are manufactured domestically.

Nordic Marksman has advised O'Dell Engineering states their import permits for all future MTF 10 round LAR15 mags has been denied.

Questar is sold out of .556 LAR 15 magazines, their best selling magazine (the ones who got a definitive decision from the RCMP lab on the matter) with nothing on the horizon, very likely they too were denied an import permit.

Zahal was refused their import permits after having successfully designed their LAR 15 Pistol magazines on the factory floor for the LAR 15 Pistol and imported at least one batch into Canada

IRUNGUNS was recently denied their import permit of the infamous HEXMAG 10 round Pistol Carbine magazines

Barton's Big Country claims to have received approval from both the RCMP and the CBSA (this remains to be proven) on their specially designed HEXMAG 10 round Pistol Carbine magazines after importing more than one 3,000 magazine batch into the country in the last 3 months, they have recently been denied an import permit on their latest batch.

There may be more, but I think you can see they have changed tactics, now in addition to forcing very questionable and completely arbitrary 'interpretation' decisions down our throat, many of which would not stand up to the first legal challenge, they are now going to dry up all new supply by shutting down the border to new importations.

Now many questions remain, are any of these mags safe from the RCMP attack on our existing legal personal property?

Are they going to go further and next refuse import permits for all magazine bodies over 5 rounds, pinned or not, leaving us with no options for an AR15 (for example no new 5/10, 5/20, 5/30, 5/40 magazines coming into the country)

Are we going to see new California style gunpocalypse legalisation introduced calling for FIXED magazines or detachable magazines that will not release without separating the upper/lower receiver of an AR15?
    and you got that information where exactly? because some of it seems incorrect lol

Quote Originally Posted by sawmillcreek View Post
    and you got that information where exactly? because some of it seems incorrect lol
    Yeah, fear mongering. There are plenty of stores selling 10 round LAR mags.
    I write on huntinggearguy.com

Thats an interesting point you have there about the supply drying up and unfortunately makes all too much sense, i mean look and what they have done with folding knives now. But like you said, at this point, if we continue to use these 10 round mags that were previously legally obtained, are we risking being in possession of a prohibited device? Thats the update im looking for, as far as i can tell right now, unless the law gets changed we can continue to use these magazines.

The CBSA's latest actions vis a vis LAR15 mags are really curious.
    I would wager that the RCMP would've pulled a "Buter Creek" on our LAR15 mags by now were it not for the fact that they themselves have previously rendered an opinion that LAR15 mags are legit.
    After all, Murray Smith, manager at the Canadian Firearms Program, has been very clear that this so-called "loophole" was intentional...hence Bulletin 72:

“The … crossover provision for the use of 10-shot pistol magazines in rifles was intentionally incorporated into the magazine regulations. The rules have been that way since the introduction of the magazine regulations in 1993.”

Flip-flopping now would certainly bring into question their claims of making decisions based on "expertise"...not to mention raising the stink of political interference.
    Yes, they have altered the language on their website such that only the Marlin Model 45 is now is listed as an example of the "rule", but the principle has not changed.
    Nevertheless, I suspect that some clever jerk at the lab will come up with some "logic" or "rationale" to justify making them prohib. Or perhaps the Libs will simply overhaul the statute/regs.
    It's all pretty Kafkaesque no matter how you look at it...
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    Nevertheless, I suspect that some clever jerk at the lab will come up with some "logic" or "rationale" to justify making them prohib...
    Like someone at the lab inventing terminology such as dual use magazines for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Runningfool View Post
    Like someone at the lab inventing terminology such as dual use magazines for example.
    Oh yes, I'm sure they have their "creativity caps" firmly planted on their heads trying to come up with something.

The 10-round MFT mags that just arrived at my office look very nice though. I can hardly wait to use them...
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    Oh yes, I'm sure they have their "creativity caps" firmly planted on their heads trying to come up with something.

The 10-round MFT mags that just arrived at my office look very nice though. I can hardly wait to use them...
    not sure why hexmag couldnt just do like MFT and stamp 'LAR-15 pistol mag'

"LAR-15" is registered trademark of Rock River Arms Inc., you can't just put it on your product without permission from Rock River Arms.

I suspect that it's more than that, but I really don't know. I admit that I know nothing more than what my fevered mind conjures up based on what I see and read.

I understand that MFT states that these short mags were specifically made for the RRA LAR-15 pistol, the Omni AR pistol and Rob Arms XCR pistol. This is also stated on the packaging. (And yes, I know that packaging is not determinative of anything here). It is arguable that these 10 round mags were specifically designed and manufactured as a pistol mag for the previously mentioned AR pistols.
    MFT does sell a 10/30 mag and a 15/30 mag that use internal limiters. In other words, these are regular "high cap" AR mags...just limited via a hunk of plastic.
    The MFT LAR-15 mag itself is stamped:

PISTOL MAGAZINE
    MODEL OMNI P-LAR-15-XCR P
    .223 REM - 10 SHOT

And again, it's all just a bunch of Kafkaesque madness IMO. And it's hard to find any hope when you listen to our idiot-PM blather on about his understanding of the Charter. It's laughable and tragic all at the same time.