Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: HEXMAG 10 round 30 round body... Prohibited Please read....

Wait. What? So what about the millions of pinned magazines in the country? Or is the issue that it is simply an inserted spacer that isnt "permanantly" fixed to the magazine?
    I am a kit hor(der)

The original LAR 15 magazine decision from the RCMP talked specifically about the fact the magazine had a 10 round body, differentiating it from most other ar 15 mags... this is probably how they approved them as pistol mags, a different design and purpose, in the first place.
    CSSA and CCFR member

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    Yes. but those components can be replaced and then you have a 30 round magazine. The tube can not be designed to hold more then 10 rounds, a 30 round tube regardless of how you restrict the capacity is a 30 round tube.
    That reasoning would then apply to every other pinned magazine in Canada....which it doesn't.
    Is this your interpretation of what they said, or their actual wording used (verbal or email) ?
    I would suggest asking for some official clarification / documentation on this.

It is not all magazines, this is specific to the AR-15 magazine..

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Sounds like the part that must me permanently modified is the body itself. If one were to expoxy on the base it should be legal.

If you made these 5 rounders using the same method they use currently they would likely still be prohibited.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FoxAlpha's Avatar
    I'm going to try and break this down as simply as I can, because I've always felt this was pretty easy to understand.

A Pmag is a rifle magazine, designed to hold 30 rounds. It's specifically designed this way.
    A 33 round Glock magazine is a pistol magazine, designed to hold 33 rounds. It's specifically designed this way.
    The Hexmag PCC mag is an adaptation of a 30 round rifle magazine, no different in geometry than its standard 30 round Hexmag cousin only being different in the sense that it uses a non permanent blocker as opposed to a "permanent" rivet.
    The LAR 15 magazine is a pistol magazine, designed to only hold no more than 10 rounds.
    I survived the gun control scare of 2013 and all I got was this t-shirt.......
    And 30 PMags, 5000 rounds of .223, 3000 rounds of 9mm, 5 BCG's, 5 stripped lowers, and a really pissed off wife.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer homeboy1's Avatar
    God....what madness. Can't we have some common sense in our National Police Force ? In our Government? I liked it better in the 70s . Lol.

So if all of these are illegal shouldn't they have been denied entry to the country without proper pinning? They would have had to be approved by them prior to us getting them no?

Unreal..... they make it super hard for the law abiding citizen to stay within the confides of the law. I guess this means all the criminals out there will be pinning there hex mags in the near future.........

Any magazine designed specifically for use in a pistol must be limited to 10 rounds....thats it. Doesnt say anything about the actual body size. Same goes for rifle magazines only the limit is 5rnds....unless i missed something?
    *edit* thought this was a pistol mag. Ignore me haha
    Last edited by ThatM305Guy; 01-22-2018 at 02:46 PM.
    I am a kit hor(der)