Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1020222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: HEXMAG 10 round 30 round body... Prohibited Please read....

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    Thanks. I was just considering ordering those. I very much like their extensions for the C-Products mags.
    I was expecting it to be one of those that involves a screw and washer to stop them separate but he had essentially mimicked the tab. Hopefully the pictures will make sense

Last edited by LeadMonkey; 01-12-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    This was speculation of course, however there is NOTHING to suggest the stores with existing stock selling these magazines have obtained RECENT inport permits... quite the opposite in that this is likely OLD stock... only time will tell if the stock completely dries up which was my suggestion/speculation.

Are you going to wait to act until there is no more inventory or are you going to fight?!

(My intention is not to fear monger but rather to inspire a collaborative effort, I implore our members to get off your arse and do something when mounting evidence suggests a new and effective tactic being deployed by our anti-gun government bureaucracy opponents)
    In further conversations with the Lab the key issue is when you remove the base plate and gut the magazine you are left with a 30 round tube which is prohibited in Canada. The nomenclature on the packaging also is suggestive of supporting a rifle. The RCMP are not trying to take the bang out of the magazine, it's a 30 round tube. How does one argue that?

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

^^^ Many magazines in this country are limited through the follower and the base plate is riveted into place.
    By the RCMP's logic, thousands of people are in possession of prohibited devices then?

Last edited by LeadMonkey; 01-12-2020 at 07:07 AM.

I bought a Norinco CQA which came with a couple 5/10 rd mags at a vendor several years ago. I took the floor plate out to clean and lube the internals and a C shaped piece of sheet metal was sitting on top of the floor plate preventing more than 5 rounds to be inserted. This piece was not locked in when the floor plate was removed and slid out without needing any tools. If I lost or forgot to reinstall that piece upon reassembly I have a 10 round mag with a very weak spring. I was surprised to see these rifles were imported with these mags the way they were blocked and decided that those 2 mags will be taken out of service since I could foresee a big legal problem if an over zealous member of the queens cowboys were to scrutinize these magazines. Since the quality of them are poor and they are not long enough for use as a monopod I didn't pay it any mind. Your post here reminded me of those 2 mags and I thought I'd share my experience and see if anyone ran into similar issues like I did. Im not trying to detract from the original magazine legal issues IRG has posted here and I'm sure everyone appreciates the heads up like I do since it seems not a week goes by that I'm somehow the owner of "new" prohibited devices and I have family and friends which aren't on any online forums where we get a heads up on the latest. I then let them know what I find out here so they have a chance to destroy, dispose of, or modify these items so they don't get caught unawares.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadMonkey View Post
    IRG - Is there anything to suggest any government bureaucracies:

1) are currently denying import permits for 10 round tube style 'pistol' magazines? (I previously pointed out Nordic Marksman's MFT permits and Zahal's LAR15 in house designed permits being denied as examples)
    2) may deny new 5/30 pinned magazine import permits based on a new position that all 30 round tubes are a prohibited device?
    Its not a new position regarding 30 round tubes.... the wording of the law says whatever is used to limit the magazine, must be permanently afixed to the body of the mag. In otherwords a rivet thats not removable on take down, or welding a pin, or making the base plate unremovable, for example. Thats always been the rule.
    CSSA and CCFR member

^^^But in the end you have a body that will hold more than 5 rounds even though the capacity is limited to 5 rounds.
    Where does the line get drawn? its okay to have a 30 round body that's limited to 5 rounds but if you have a 30 round body by itself, jail?

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERTACTICAL View Post
    ^^^But in the end you have a body that will hold more than 5 rounds even though the capacity is limited to 5 rounds.
    Where does the line get drawn? its okay to have a 30 round body that's limited to 5 rounds but if you have a 30 round body by itself, jail?
    Kind of ya. Like I said... its aleays been written that way though. The method of restriction must be made permanent... meaning you never will have a 30 round body in your hand that doesn't still have the method of restriction attached.
    CSSA and CCFR member

If that's the case then all these would require is a pop rivet through the bottom plate to be legit.
    Then the only question is should they be blocked to 5 or 10...
    Call it a pistol mag then gtg