Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: HEXMAG 10 round 30 round body... Prohibited Please read....

BANNED
    Here we go, just the thing needed for them to ban all long mags. * tinfoil*

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxAlpha View Post
    I'm going to try and break this down as simply as I can, because I've always felt this was pretty easy to understand.

A Pmag is a rifle magazine, designed to hold 30 rounds. It's specifically designed this way.
    A 33 round Glock magazine is a pistol magazine, designed to hold 33 rounds. It's specifically designed this way.
    The Hexmag PCC mag is an adaptation of a 30 round rifle magazine, no different in geometry than its standard 30 round Hexmag cousin only being different in the sense that it uses a non permanent blocker as opposed to a "permanent" rivet.
    The LAR 15 magazine is a pistol magazine, designed to only hold no more than 10 rounds.
    And the Promag AR-15 magazines use a similar system to the Hexamag... yet aren't prohibited... or are... because Logic...
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by ripper2812 View Post
    Unreal..... they make it super hard for the law abiding citizen to stay within the confides of the law. I guess this means all the criminals out there will be pinning there hex mags in the near future.........

Criminals wouldn’t buy a hex mag, they’d buy any other AR mag and pop the rivet out.
    Last edited by nonrandomhero; 01-22-2018 at 03:48 PM.
    Silverdale, BRRC

what if you guys brought in 10 round pmags ?

heh, I bought mine specifically because it seemed like it'd be harder to modify to a normal capacity than a traditional riveted mag and thusly be more legally "safe". Too bad I lost them in a tragic riverboat gambling incident.

Last edited by BoatsNStuff; 01-23-2018 at 10:20 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    I can only assume 2 reasons: uncommon handgun or designed for dual use
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FoxAlpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jparent View Post
    And the Promag AR-15 magazines use a similar system to the Hexamag... yet aren't prohibited... or are... because Logic...
    The point isn't so much the way the magazines are restricted, but that they are geometrically the exact same as a regular 30 round Hexmag rifle magazine. That's the way I've always viewed these. Unfortunately this is just more flexing by the RCMP to see just how much our community will allow them and unfortunately the backlash they'll receive from the people of this country will likely be minimal at best, as usual. Still hoping I'm wrong though
    I survived the gun control scare of 2013 and all I got was this t-shirt.......
    And 30 PMags, 5000 rounds of .223, 3000 rounds of 9mm, 5 BCG's, 5 stripped lowers, and a really pissed off wife.

So rediculous, you can have 30 round or 100 round drum mags pinned to 5 but as soon as you have a “pistol mag” limited to 10 but in a bigger body it becomes prohibited? Like it’s been said before, 10/33 Glock mags- totally ok wtf. What about 3D printed extensions, or a block of wood duct taped to the bottom, that prohibited too? Shame, these lab decisions are getting worse, no rhyme or reason

BANNED
    Nest thing you know the RCMP will tell you that Beowulf mags need to be pinned to 2