Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: HEXMAG 10 round 30 round body... Prohibited Please read....

The only reason I can see this happening is if Hexmag specifically did not brand these magazines as "Pistol magazines".

As arbitrary as that is, it is the requirement for the "designed and manufactured" clause of the firearms act that makes pistol magazines not prohibited.

If IRG thought they could import 10 round mags and declare themselves that they were pistol mags, then they do not understand the firearms act. This would be their own fault.

If these were in fact "designed and manufactured" for use in a pistol, and the RCMP is declaring that the method of restricting capacity is insufficient, then a rivet would remedy the situation, just like any other pinned 10/15, 10/20, 10/33 glock magazine.

If that is still not sufficient for the RCMP, then this issue is unprecedented and we have a real problem on our hands.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer F22_RaptoR's Avatar
    Okay I don't get what the issue here is. The RCMP said long ago that pistol mags had to be designed and made uniquely. Not just a rebranded 30 round mag. If it's just re-labeled as a pistol mag it's prohibited unless pinned to 5. That's why all the current pistol mags are stubbies or 18-22ish round ones that are made in a unique body.

ATRS went through this whole procedure designing their pistol mags. I'm not even surprised on the least at this decision!

Quote Originally Posted by F22_RaptoR View Post
    Okay I don't get what the issue here is. The RCMP said long ago that pistol mags had to be designed and made uniquely. Not just a rebranded 30 round mag. If it's just re-labeled as a pistol mag it's prohibited unless pinned to 5. That's why all the current pistol mags are stubbies or 18-22ish round ones that are made in a unique body.

ATRS went through this whole procedure designing their pistol mags. I'm not even surprised on the least at this decision!
    There is no capacity that excludes a magazine from being considered "designed or manufactured" for use in a pistol, which is the legal requirement.

I could design and produce a 100 round drum mag that I specifically advertised and branded as being "designed for use in pistols", and it would then only need to adhere to the pistol magazine capacity restrictions.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_1982's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
    There is no capacity that excludes a magazine from being considered "designed or manufactured" for use in a pistol, which is the legal requirement.

I could design and produce a 100 round drum mag that I specifically advertised and branded as being "designed for use in pistols", and it would then only need to adhere to the pistol magazine capacity restrictions.
    Theoretically yes, you could.

Hexmags are re-branded rifle mags. They actually said "pistol carbine" too... so questionable if even intended for a pistol!
    CSSA and CCFR member

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    I'm sorry but anyone who bought these is an idiot

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    I'm sorry but anyone who bought these is an idiot
    Thanks appreciate the comment.

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Thanks appreciate the comment.
    hah yea times 2

The Mounties were less annoying years ago, when they were only burning down our barns, and opening up our mail.

Sooooooooo isn't a lar 15 mag just a rebranding of a 10 round normal mag? I've seen 10 round mags pinned to 5 are they not virtually identical in every way? The only difference is the writing on the side of it so why would it be any different for the hexmags?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by skilful View Post
    The Mounties were less annoying years ago, when they were only burning down our barns, and opening up our mail.
    It's probably because they know that with the Liberals in power, they can get away with pretty much anything. The Conservatives already showed that they won't put up with any of the RCMP's bull#### after the Swiss Arms and CZ858 fiasco.