Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: HEXMAG 10 round 30 round body... Prohibited Please read....

Quote Originally Posted by supahdave View Post
    So rediculous, you can have 30 round or 100 round drum mags pinned to 5 but as soon as you have a “pistol mag” limited to 10 but in a bigger body it becomes prohibited? Like it’s been said before, 10/33 Glock mags- totally ok wtf. What about 3D printed extensions, or a block of wood duct taped to the bottom, that prohibited too? Shame, these lab decisions are getting worse, no rhyme or reason
    Does your glock mag fits and feeds a 223 rem AR15!? that's the difference. Cant compare apples to oranges. Glock is Glock, AR9 that has a caliber of 9mm and has a glock magwell is different than a full size 223 rifle with the rifle magwell.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    Does your glock mag fits and feeds a 223 rem AR15!? that's the difference. Cant compare apples to oranges. Glock is Glock, AR9 that has a caliber of 9mm and has a glock magwell is different than a full size 223 rifle with the rifle magwell.
    Why is that different? A pistol mag is a pistol mag, caliber is irrelevant.
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FoxAlpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig0ry View Post
    Why is that different? A pistol mag is a pistol mag, caliber is irrelevant.
    Why is it different? Because it never was a pistol magazine. In this country of stupid laws, you can't take a rifle magazine and wish it to be a pistol magazine. It's geometrically the EXACT same thing as a 30 round rifle mag. The way the magazine is limited is irrelevant, a rifle magazine cannot contain more than 5 rounds, and the RCMP are viewing this as just that, a rifle magazine, which is exactly what it is. You cannot, take a USGI 30 round magazine, print "PISTOL MAGAZINE" on it and re pin it to 10 rounds which is exactly what was done in the case with Hexmag. They simply rebranded and repackaged a rifle magazine.

LAR15 magazine: geometrically different from every "rifle magazine"
    ATRS pistol magazine: geometrically different from every "rifle magazine"
    Hexmag PCC: exact same thing (minus branding) as a 30 round Hexmag.
    I survived the gun control scare of 2013 and all I got was this t-shirt.......
    And 30 PMags, 5000 rounds of .223, 3000 rounds of 9mm, 5 BCG's, 5 stripped lowers, and a really pissed off wife.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxAlpha View Post
    Why is it different? Because it never was a pistol magazine. In this country of stupid laws, you can't take a rifle magazine and wish it to be a pistol magazine. It's geometrically the EXACT same thing as a 30 round rifle mag. The way the magazine is limited is irrelevant, a rifle magazine cannot contain more than 5 rounds, and the RCMP are viewing this as just that, a rifle magazine, which is exactly what it is. You cannot, take a USGI 30 round magazine, print "PISTOL MAGAZINE" on it and re pin it to 10 rounds which is exactly what was done in the case with Hexmag. They simply rebranded and repackaged a rifle magazine.

LAR15 magazine: geometrically different from every "rifle magazine"
    ATRS pistol magazine: geometrically different from every "rifle magazine"
    Hexmag PCC: exact same thing (minus branding) as a 30 round Hexmag.
    That's not exactly true - this is the IMI 10 Round LAR15 magazine:

Perfectly legal in Canada because it has LAR-15 printed on it.

This is the IMI G1 M16/AR15 10 round rifle magazine:

...required to be pinned to 5 rounds in Canada because it doesn't specify that it was "designed" for an AR15 pistol

Can't tell me that those are geometrically different...

A 10 round "California compliant" PMAG has to be pinned in Canada because it isn't specifically designed for an AR15 pistol? But if Magpul stamped "Lar15" on the side of it then it would be perfectly legal - it's a ridiculous interpretation of the law on the RCMP's part. Shocker, I know...

The thing about the Hexmags is that if you disassemble them and remove the block, the included spring is rendered useless. You can't "readily" modify it - you need to source and purchase a new full sized spring for the magazine - there is the Mens Rea of the offence - taking the additional steps to render it operable as a 30 round magazine. That would be my argument...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_1982's Avatar
    So how about we do not point out those things. If you want to push that our current 10 rounders are just rebranded rifle mags dont be surprised what happens next. The RCMP in 2008 issued the FRT for the LAR 15 pistol, which included the 10 round bodied magazine designed for said pistol. The RCMP stated this magazine was ok, but no others were at the time.

Lets not poke that bear please.
    CSSA and CCFR member

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Thanks appreciate the comment.
    Not trying to be a dick but seriously

Why all of a sudden would these be ok?

You think all these companies making short pistol mags make them short because they want to?

It was obvious someone fukked up when these went for sale

It was obvious !!!!

No surprise here.

These mags were NOT originally designed and manufactured for use in a pistol...and, furthermore, they were improperly marked, as they failed to adhere to the Mounted Police ruling of 2008.06.18, with respect to LAR Pistol Mags.

Can you post the communication received "from the lab"? Thanx.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    It was obvious !!!!
    The only thing obvious here is how many sheeps there is in the firearms community.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    The only thing obvious here is how many sheeps there is in the firearms community.
    How am I a sheep?
    Because I understand the rediculous laws we all put up with?

You know what I'm saying. If all it took were to stamp pistol on the side of a mag and viola it's a pistol mag, THAN every mag company that makes rifle mags would start doing that and cash in on the Canadian market.

But like it's been pointed out it takes more than just a stamp on the side of a mag.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    But like it's been pointed out it takes more than just a stamp on the side of a mag.
    what exactly would it take? how are the LAR-15 mags not just rebranded 10-round rifle mags?

Stop pretending that this is anything but the RCMP being stupid, as usual