Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: HEXMAG 10 round 30 round body... Prohibited Please read....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_1982's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robber26 View Post
    Staying quiet doesn't make anything better either, everything we talk about they have also talked about. This isn't new information to us or them it's just the interpretation given as the mood swings.
    By all means talk about changing our magazine laws... What I worry about is using decisions that currently work in our favour to prove why they are wrong in a decision that does not. Especially in regards to these Hexmags, which clearly do not meet even the legal requirements outside of the LAR15 decision.
    CSSA and CCFR member

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Seems 2b is the big one, for both these magazines and Beo Mags.

"b) The cartridge magazine for this handgun as manufactured by C Products LLC is not an adaption of a magazine designed and manufactured for use in a semi-automatic rifle."

So the RCMP considers the LAR mag to not be an adaption of an existing rifle mag, whereas the 50 Beowulf ARE an adaption of the standard 556 magazine...?
    Yes, the aluminum/steel mags are just that, the polymer mags from PCV however are NOT, as they were designed specifically for use as a .50 Beowulf magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig0ry View Post
    Why is that different? A pistol mag is a pistol mag, caliber is irrelevant.
    "Glock" rifles came after the pistols. Ar15 rifles came before the pistols. Lineage is the main factor

Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    I don't know what you guys don't get about this
    Those only can hold 10 rounds the body is small,

The only mags that get away with having full bodies and pinned 10 round counts are ones of pistols that just happen to fit in some rifles.

This hex mag is NOT a pistol magazine designed for a specific pistol ( for example the glock 33 round mags are made for glocks) just because they happen to fit in some rifles is a bonus for us.

You can't just make a mag and stamp pistol on it. Period

It's not hard to understand
    The size of the magazine has absolutely nothing to do with it's qualification as a "pistol" or "rifle" magazine.

And in fact, making a mag, from scratch, with the full intention of "designing or manufacturing" the magazine for use in a pistol is exactly all you need to do in order for it to qualify as a pistol magazine.

The fact that most pistol magazines are short and hold only 10, rather than needing to be pinned to 10, is completely irrelevant. They are "pistol mags" because the manufacturer "designed them" as pistol mags. Just that.

The reason that the hexmags are being prohibited is because they were either: 1) Built off of existing rifle magazine bodies and then stamped, which it not okay in the eyes of the RCMP (see the AA 50 beowulf issue). Or, 2) Were never designed explicitly for use in a pistol at all

Again, the fact that the hexmag is 10/30 is completely irrelevant. It all comes down to what the magazine was "designed or manufactured" for.

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    how does a glock 10/33 mag get away with 10 rounds
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jd1965 View Post
    Yes, the aluminum/steel mags are just that, the polymer mags from PCV however are NOT, as they were designed specifically for use as a .50 Beowulf magazine.
    I thought it was the other way around? Isn't that why we cannot list PCV mags in the EE? There is a bunch of .50beo steel mags for sale on here currently.

Not calling you out. I'm probably mistaken. I just want to clarify my own understanding of that debacle.

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Good job repeating what I just said

Quote Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
    The size of the magazine has absolutely nothing to do with it's qualification as a "pistol" or "rifle" magazine.

And in fact, making a mag, from scratch, with the full intention of "designing or manufacturing" the magazine for use in a pistol is exactly all you need to do in order for it to qualify as a pistol magazine.

The fact that most pistol magazines are short and hold only 10, rather than needing to be pinned to 10, is completely irrelevant. They are "pistol mags" because the manufacturer "designed them" as pistol mags. Just that.

The reason that the hexmags are being prohibited is because they were either: 1) Built off of existing rifle magazine bodies and then stamped, which it not okay in the eyes of the RCMP (see the AA 50 beowulf issue). Or, 2) Were never designed explicitly for use in a pistol at all

Again, the fact that the hexmag is 10/30 is completely irrelevant. It all comes down to what the magazine was "designed or manufactured" for.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FoxAlpha's Avatar
    Straight from Hexmags website. Here are you "PCC mags".

I survived the gun control scare of 2013 and all I got was this t-shirt.......
    And 30 PMags, 5000 rounds of .223, 3000 rounds of 9mm, 5 BCG's, 5 stripped lowers, and a really pissed off wife.

Quote Originally Posted by hobophobe View Post
    I thought it was the other way around? Isn't that why we cannot list PCV mags in the EE? There is a bunch of .50beo steel mags for sale on here currently.

Not calling you out. I'm probably mistaken. I just want to clarify my own understanding of that debacle.
    Attempting to make sense of CGN rulings is often about the same as trying to inject sense into those decisions taken by the Mounted Police.

They missed the mark on this one, by a long shot.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    How terrible. Whoever wants to get rid of their hexmags can ship them to me for safe disposal. I might even pay for your trouble.